Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Is It A Bird? Or Is It A Flower?

January 19, 2021

Good morning.  Tis still quite nippy here, but then I don't go out so it's okay.  My order from WalMart came yesterday with all the frozen items that I had ordered.  So maybe it was really just a computer glitch that was causing my ordering problems the other day.  

I'm getting along better with my Ring.  It sends me alerts when things are happening in my neighborhood.  Things such as folks trying to get into parked cars, etc.  I do have lights on the cars in my yard all through the night.  It seems to help.

Today I need to watch for the mailman because I have a stack of bills to give him, plus a couple of cards.  I'm also watching for a few things to come in the mail.  Some paper goods that I had ordered separately from WalMart.com, and a new wrist blood pressure monitor.  I had a monitor, but after a couple of years it started to always have the same reading (which I already knew was wrong).  It was time for a new one.

Some states are already offering their residents the Covid vaccine.  Ours is not.  So far, I haven't found a schedule to see when it might be available to us older folks who do not live in nursing homes.  I'll keep looking.

My daughter Audrey sent me an adorable image of a flower that I had never heard of.  Isn't this a beautiful flower?


Daughter Deanne's little doggie is the same age as my Pogo.  She has lots of aches and pains from arthritis now, so we ordered her a self heating pad for her bed to see if it would help.  That item came in the mail yesterday and Deanne will come by today after work to pick it up.  I surely do hope that it helps.  But if it doesn't, then we'll order a regular heating pad that will fit in Sassy's bed.

I mostly live in my jammies, and I have lots and lots of them.  However, my supply is getting very low so now it's time again to do a load of laundry.   Some things I can wash in my sink, (and hang in my tub)  but not a whole bunch of jammies.  I'll see if Deanne will carry my laundry basket out to the laundry room for me when she gets here.  

I have a cartoon to share with you that I borrowed from the web.  It just tickled my funny bone, it's so realistically human.


Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.
Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Wow! What a cute flower you showed today. It certainly does look like a bird. I would like to see one in person. My state has just announced that today there will be nine pilot sites opened where those who are 65 and over can register online for a vaccine appointment. The governor said there will be a surge of interest and that "this is going to be harder than going to Ticketmaster and getting Bruce Springsteen tickets." I believe that:)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Cute little kitty cartoon, thank you for the giggle :)
At first glance I thought the flower was the Bird of Paradise, but apparently not, although very similar, and beautiful.
Hope the heating pad helps her little doggy, arthritis can be such a bane.
Sitting around in your pj's sounds perfect for me !
Stay warm and well dear friend.
Hugs,
~Jo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That flower really is amazing! How beautiful! We've been watching some of the old Downton shows...love this funny! Have a good day my friend!

LV said...

Thanks for sharing that unusual flower. Never saw anything like it. Awesome find!

smiekeltje said...

I know magnolia flowers, but I don;t think I ever saw this one, really like a birdie.
Good you had your order from Wallmart, with all you wanted.

Why not live in your jammies as they are comfortable and warm, and as long as you don't need to get out, they are the best to wear at the moment.

Perhaps hang on a little note on the door for the mailman, to wait a bit longer when he has ringed the doorbell, that you need to give him some post?

Oh, of course Deanne will take your laundry basket to the laundry room. And if she cannot now, perhaps you could ask Joe???

Poor Sassy, having that arthritis. I hope the warming pad will help. It hurts your heart when you see and know your pet hurts.

I send you a mail with some links, perhaps they help?

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I did think that flower was a pair of birds until I read your comment, Edna! Hope that Sassy will enjoy the heating bad and that it helps with the arthritis discomfort. These days so many live in their comfies, whether sweat pants, PJs or workout clothes so you are definitely not alone, Edna.