Friday, January 15, 2021

Side-Tracked

January 15, 2021

Good morning.  You can't believe just how side-tracked I've been all morning.  I started typing this post, then remembered that I needed to send a message on my phone.  So I did that.  That made me think of something that I need to look for, so I did that.  Not finding the item that I want, I now go to Amazon to see if I can buy a new one.  This, of course, brings me to think of other things that I need to look up.  And so it goes........

Eventually I remember that I'm typing a post on my blog, so here I am.  If there's a medal given for being scatter brained, I've got a big one coming to me.  Not having any special purpose for the day just makes me even more scatter brained.  I'm a nuturer and I need to be taking care of someone or something.  It gives purpose to my days.

Yesterday was a day for making phone calls to straighten out bills.  A couple new bills came in that contained late fees and charges for late payments on them.  The were originally mailed out in plenty of time to arrive at their destinations on time.  However, these two companies insist that it took four weeks for them to receive these payments.

This cannot be my problem.  I cannot control the speed at which the Post Office works.  What I don't understand is how come I get the bill on time, but the return mail containing the payment takes several weeks to travel the same distance.  ?????  

Today I watched an ad on TV that was trying to convince folks that now is a good time to look for a new house or apartment.  It made me wonder how many of the folks seeing this ad will actually make a new move.  And how many of them will think to take their pets with them.  You know, when you leave your pet behind, they most often will wait right there hoping that you will come back for them.  Please take them with you.  They are family.  (next image borrowed from web)


Till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Hi Edna,
The borrowed image grabbed my heart and it tugs so hard. We haven't seen Stormy in a long while. I tried calling him at night and leaving food and water out for him.
Both of my neighbors also are keeping an eye out for him in case they see him and I don't but I really hope that he either has a good home mow or that he will come home so if I am lucky I can catch him so my neighbor Emily and I can take him to the vet to be fixed.

Don't worry too much about being scatterbrained as I think that we all have days like the one you described. I think that we all should have at least one dat a year to be scatterbrained and have an excuse for our scatterbrain-ness haha.
I am headed for a nap. I know I spoke of it earlier in conversation but I got busy with some calls with the pharmacy and a call to my sister but I am determined to get that nap in sometime before dark.
Big hugs to you and Pogo. xoxoxoxo

Suemn said...

Oh wow Edna, I can't imagine leaving one of my dogs behind. Too sad to think about.

Theresa said...

I get side-tracked easily:) I go into a room and honestly forget why I'm there. Oh well, age does that. I don't have any animals but it is cruel to leave them behind when someone moves:( Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, Edna it does make you wonder WHY bills can arrive on time and payments mailed out ahead of time can be late? I sure hope that you straightened those companies out and did not have to pay them any late fees.

smiekeltje said...

It seems that with companies it is always you who is too late(although you sent away payment on time). I hope you can prove to them that it isn;t you fault they received a later payment. And that you won;t have to pay extra fees.

Scatter brained we all are at times and I nderstand very well that now it is effecting you more. You just miss your day rythm you had looking after dear Pogo. Soon you will find a new way of going through the day.

That borrowed image makes your heart cry, isn;t it? I never will understand how people can leave their pet behind when moving on.

Oh, here too they try to convince people, that it could be a good time to buy a new house, but I don;t think it is. With these times so uncertaine(due for big part to Covid), people have to take care of every day things and lots of them turn every penny twice, so ...... not really the time to take mortgages and loans.

Take care my friend, and stay safe.
Hugs
Kyra