Thursday, January 21, 2021

And I Was Thinking That The Post Office Was Back On Track

January 21, 2021

Good morning.  I was able to do a bit better sleeping this morning.  From 1 am to 4 am, I got some good winks.  After that, it was up-time for me.  I did a couple "word find" puzzles and put a few rows on the Aran pocket wrap.  

Earlier, I tried to make a scrubby cloth with the Blueberry scrubby yarn.  What a nightmare!  It took forever to find the end of the yarn to get started.  After two rows, the yarn went bonkers.  It had loops all over and no way to keep crocheting without making knots in the yarn.  I ended up cutting the yarn from the piece I was working on.  

Today I will give the yarn company a call and try to find out what the problem was with the yarn.  I have never had this problem before so I'm clueless.  I'm not even going to try the other yarns until I find out what happened with this skein of yarn.

Let me share with you a new way to bake a potato.  I found this on the web and thought it was interesting enough to try.  It does look very tasty!

Yesterday the mailman returned to me an envelope containing one of my Pogo calendars that I had sent to a friend for Christmas.  There was no stamp on the envelope.  Just a saying stamped onto the envelope - Returned for postage.  Above that was written $1.15.  

I called the local Post Office where this envelope had originally been mailed from to find out what had happened.  They mostly said that "if" it ever had a stamp on it, it might have been knocked off by one of their process machines.  But they were sure that I had never put a stamp on it.

Folks, these are not paper card envelopes.  They have to be taken to the Post Office to be weighed before they decide how much postage needs to be put on.  I just pay the bill after all  the stamps have been applied by the Post Office staff.

I asked if the package/envelope would get delivered if I put an additional $1.1 5 stamps on it.  The guy would not give me answer.  When the calendars were originally mailed out, they cost a lot more than that to be mailed.  I put $1.20 worth of stamps on the envelope/package and today I'm going to give it to my mailman.  Hopefully, it will get delivered.

My fuel oil just got delivered.  When the guy gave me my bill, I gave him a hat and neck warmer set that I had made (for someone who did not want it).  It's wicked cold out there and I thought it would help to keep him warm.  That's my good deed for the day.  Now I can be bad till tomorrow morning.  (only kidding)

Let me leave you with this thought. (image borrowed from the web)

You make my days bright.  Till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I've seen post office workers apply stamps to envelopes and they don't always press them on very hard. I bet the stamp just fell off. Which is annoying!

smiekeltje said...

What a misery with the new yarn! If it stays working this difficult, perhaps you can send it back and get another sort of yarn in its place.
Not nice from the post office. I remember, that when there was no stamp(or not enough stamps) on an envelope it often still was delivered but then the receiver had to pay the postage. Also not so nice for the receiver but at least they had the letter or whatever.

I bet the fuel deliveryman was happy with your gift, specially when it is so cold at the moment!

Oh I love those kind of potatoes. They are called "Hasselback's potatoes"and are wonderful out of the oven. When I make them I often first boil the potatoes hlafway. Then they don;t need to be in the oven such a long time.

Have a lovely day, glad you did sleep a bit better.
Hugs
Kyra

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I seem to have more than my share of problems with the post office, it is ongoing.
Yesterday I received my Christmas cards from England, a journey which used to take no more than five days, now took fifty days ! All from different senders I might add.
I'm constantly getting my neighbors mail, or them ours.
Hope you have a lovely day Miss Edna !
~Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Not that it's any consolation, but I am certain that your postage was applied to that calendar mailing and something happened at the post office, Edna. That said it seems a shame that you should have to pay again for its mailing. Bah humbug to the local post office. The other day, Jan 19, I received a Christmas card that was mailed on Dec 18 from Washington, DC. No it was not from the President's office either :-) but from adear friend who always sends a card and message and who I thought might have skipped this year. wrong again, it was the post office that messed up with the late delivery.

Suemn said...

I sure hope that the company that sold you the yarn sends you a new skein. You'll have to let us know if you try that baked potato. I've never seen one like that. Very nice of you to give the neck warmer and hat to the fuel delivery man. I hope he appreciates it, especially since you made it.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Forgot to ask, Edna, do you what type of potato was used in the photo because it looks so easy and may give this a try.