Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Can We Freeze Pasta?

January 26, 2021

Good morning.  The sun is not shining, and my phone app says that we will have snow today, tomorrow and the next day.  Oh goodie, goodie!

One good thing, last evening I did finally finish sewing the second pocket onto my pocket wrap.  Today I'll try to get a photo to share.  I had the wrap around my shoulders for a while and it felt really nice.  After that, I started another Grape scrubby dish cloth.  

Today I'll put a couple more rows on each of the two pocket wraps that I'm working on.  A few rows here and there, and they'll both get done in no time.  After that, I'll have to decide whether or not to make another one or to pick a new project.  Ahhh, such decisions!

I'm thinking about making some meat sauce and a pot of pasta.  Pasta always tastes good, but when it's cold weather, pasta tastes twice as good.  Or maybe it's just me.  I'm a pasta person.  Normally, I would cook a whole pot of pasta, but with just me, I only cook half a pound of the pasta.  I tried once to cook it all and freeze half of it, but when it was time to defrost it and cook it and eat it, it just did not taste right.  

I just looked this up on Google, and it says that pasta, with or without sauce, can be frozen.   You only  cook it up to the al dente stage.  If it is fully cooked, it will most likely be mushy after frozen, thawed and heated to eat.  I guess this was the mistake I made.  

Let me share something that I borrowed from the web.  It is sooooo true!


Here's another item that I borrowed from the web.  This is very true!  I know.  My little toes have helped many a piece of furniture to stay in place.  


So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Never tried freezing pasta. Hmmm, probably it is the mistake of cooking it completely through that makes it not nice after.
I though like pasta made at the time you want to eat it. It isn't taking that long.

Gosh, you do have some decisions to make about yes or no already start a new project, LOL.

Jan and I provisionally hanged a net curtain in the bedroom. First we had it on a rod and tapes it with ductape, but it came down every two or three days, hahaha. Now we have another solution, without damaging the new window frames. It will do fine till we can go out to look for new curtains.
It took some time, but well, we succeeded.

Hope it will not snow too much coming days and that you will be able to stay nice warm!
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Edna, the only pasta I have ever frozen has been leftover lasagna. It was OK when reheated, but not nearly as good as when freshly made and enjoyed. Like yourself, I am looking forward to some snow and we also are supposed to get it overnight in NH.

Latane Barton said...

I didn't know that about pasta either. You know that the frozen pasta meals that you buy taste pretty good so they are doing something right. I did read that you can freeze just about anything... they didn't say if it would be edible afterward. hehe

Suemn said...

Aww, so true about the rescue dogs:) They rescue us too, with all the love they give us. I forgot to mention in my comment yesterday that I think your purple scrubby dish cloths are very pretty. I love the color purple.

Theresa said...

I haven't tried to freeze pasta but it sure is yummy. I will have to give it a try:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beth Reed said...

Hi,
Yes you can freeze pasta. The secret is to rinse all of the starch off of it with cold water and drain well. Put it in a zip lock bag and make sure all of the air is out of the bag.
When you get ready to use it, put it in a strainer and rinse well with cold water. Make sure you rinse all of the little frozen pieces and drain well. After it is rinsed well and drained, put what you want into a bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, take a fork and pull the strands around and if it is not yet hot enough then just put it on for another 30 seconds. We freeze pasta all of the time. I think that cooking it only to al dente is a good idea. I don't know. I am usually not the one cooking pasta anymore.
xoxoxxo Much love to you ad Pogo