Monday, January 25, 2021

These Golden Years Are Something Else!

January 25, 2021

Good morning.  It feels a bit warmer this morning, even though it is not.  Temps are at 20F degrees.  But, the wind might not be blowing and that makes a difference.  My phone app says that Friday will be our coldest day this week.  Nice.

Let me tell you about my interesting Sunday.  Late in the afternoon, I decided to take a nap.  And nap I did.  For hours!  When I woke up next morning, it was still dark out, only around six o'clock.  I got up and made my breakfast and coffee.  I like getting an early start on my day.

After I finished eating my breakfast, I got a text message from my daughter Deanne.  The time on it was 6:28 pm.  Oh oh.  Something's not quite right here.  It's Monday morning at my house and still Sunday evening at her house.  How can this be?   

I had planned a tasty meal for my supper and now I felt cheated out of it. Ah, but these are my golden years.  No biggie.  I'll have that nice supper tonight.  As my daughter Deanne said, now I have something to look forward to.  

On a brighter note, I started working with the "Grape" and "Violet Splash" yarns.  Oh my, another pretty dish cloth.

You know, I have two pocket wraps almost finished.  The first one and mine.  I just have to sew the second pocket onto each of them.  Why am I procrastinating?  I have no clue.  So maybe I'll make that my project for today.  It might not get done, but then again it just might.

I found an image on the web and just had to borrow it.  It's exactly how I felt all these years with my precious Pogo.  It's good to know that others feel the same way.


I've started checking online for another little dog from a shelter or rescue.  So far, I've had no luck.  I was told by one place that animals are not being placed during the pandemic because of not being able to do home checks.  I was also asked, "What will happen to your pet if you die?"  (this is because of my age)  I said that one of my daughters would take my doggie home with her.  The shelter lady answered "That's not what we have in mind for our animals.  We don't pass the animals on to someone else."

Everyday on Facebook, folks are sharing photos of the animals that they have just adopted.  How are they able to do this  and I can't?  At another website for a rescue place, there were four pages of available dogs.  Only four of the dogs were available.  All the others we not adoptable.  Really?

Today I spent a little while looking for available small dogs online, but so far I haven't found any that are available in my area.  A lot of the ads are misleading.  They say one thing, but when you check them out, you find something else.  This could be a reason why so many folks go to a breeder instead of a rescue shelter.

Ah well.  I'll keep looking.  So, till the next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I too have been looking for a rescue dog to bring home to be a playmate for my other rescue dog Jake who is 8 years old. Jake's little companion, Peaches, passed away in May due to congestive heart failure and Jake is missing her and doesn't have a dog companion now other than my little Yorkie who is 15-1/2 years old and doesn't want to play with him. I have found too, that it is harder to find a rescue dog. I have in the past, gone to the pet shops who held rescue dog adoptions to find the rescue dog that I thought would be companionable with the dog I had at home. Now, due to covid, the pet shops are not holding adoption days. It's hard to understand why that lady who questioned you about what would happen to the dog if you passed away didn't accept the answer you gave her about your daughter taking your dog. That's my plan for if I pass away, my niece or one of my sisters who are dog lovers, would take my dogs. That way, you and I know, the dogs would have loving homes.

smiekeltje said...

Oh my you had a really loooong nap. And Deanne is right saying now you have something to look forward for today's supper hahaha.
Oh gosh, they are severe in that animal shelter, not willing to give you a dog, knowing that your dog will be taken care off in case you couldn't do that anymore.
I also understand their vision a little bit. Specially nowadays, with the Covid ging on and several restrictions on going out, people take a dog, just to be able to go walking, even if their is a curfew. But what will they do after this is over? Keep the dog or get rid of it?
But I am sure you can find a shelter or dog rescue that is willing to give you a do. Just have to find the right one. Be careful with getting a dog on line, specilly from Breeders. You don;t know for certain if they do always good things. I looked online to see for animal shelters and rescues for dogs in Boston and Randolph and there are quite a lot, so you certainly coud find a nice dog at one.

You really miss the company of a doggie, aren;t you? I completely understand and hope you will find soon a wonderful new companion.

Have a wonderful day my friend(hopefully you will have another fantastic long sleep )
Hug
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That's too bad that the shelters have such rules when you could give a little dog a good home and lots of love, Edna. Hopefully something will come up in the near future. I have never taken that long a nap, although Grenville tries to get in an afternoon one as often as possible especially on these cold winter days. It was very windy here yesterday and today.

Kathy said...

I wish you were here in Philly. My friend works for the SPCA and could certainly find you a dog. Keep looking, though. I'm sure the right dog is out there for you.
I have had those long naps also. I too have woken up thinking it was the next morning and here it was dinner time! Well, at least you had a meal. And another one to look forward to.
Take care and try to stay warm in this brutal weather we are having.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Ha! I once arrived at work 3 hours early, having misread my clock - I thought it was a particularly dark morning! I hope you'll soon be able to find a new little companion.