Sunday, January 3, 2021

One Package Delivered, One Package To Go.

January 3, 2021

Good morning.  Tis early, only a little after four a.m.  As long as I'm awake, I've decided to type my post now then I can try to catch a few more winks.  

So, what have I been doing these past couple days?  Well, Friday I spent quite a bit of time going through my new yarn catalogue.  One color that I've decided on for a new project is pink.  I haven't used that color for a while.  Of course, I'll have to spend more time with the catalogue to pick more colors.

One of my packages that has been sitting in New Jersey has finally been delivered.  My great granddaughter Alena has been waiting patiently for her Christmas present which finally got delivered yesterday.  Here's a photo of her in her new poncho.  Do you think she likes it?  Yup! Yup!


 Now I'm just waiting for one more box to be delivered.  It's for everyone at daughter Audrey's house.  It would be wonderful if it could get delivered this week.  I can dream, right?

I thought I would share a photo of my cousin Anita's husband (Ray) with the hat and neck warmer set that I made for him.  His favorite color is hunter green, and yes, he loves his new things.  

Yesterday, my grocery order from WalMart was delivered.  The only out of stock items were my baking potatoes.  Not bad at all.  I got part of the order put away when Deanne and Eddie came by.  Deanne finished putting the rest of the order away for me.  

They were here to install and set up my new RING.  Eddie did run into a snag though, so they will be back later this morning to finish.  I will have to take notes on how to use this new gadget.  In my younger years, I could catch on to new things quickly, but not so anymore.  

I must confess that yesterday I was really a wicked grump.  My back was sore and my temperament was terribly cranky.  I mean cranky with a capital C.  Remember the child's poem "There was a girl, Who had a curl, Right in the middle of her forehead.  And when she was good, She was very very good, And when she was bad, She was horrid."  Yup, that was me! (horrid)

I've been reading my new book "Marilyn Monroe" but it's slow going.  This is a big book.  There are 445 pages, then another 19 pages of index.  And some of it is sort of boring.  But, I'll read a few pages at a time and get through it.  This should keep me busy till Spring.  hahahaha.

There was a brand new coupon in my email this morning from Blog2Print, so I guess I'll start working on my new blog book.   This is a 40% off coupon.  My kind of bargain!

That's my news for today.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

We all have our cranky days. At least I do. I love your crocheting projects. Glad your package finally got there. Here's hoping the other one shows up soon.

Suemn said...

The poncho you crocheted for your granddaughter is just lovely. I really like the colors and the pattern you used. The hat/neck/face warmer you crocheted for your cousin's husband will keep him nice and warm during these winter months. I just have to say that you are very talented. I had to resort to going to the Goodwill on Friday to purchase some books. As I started reading one of the books, it came to me that I may have already read this book in the past. It is light reading but and not that good but I may continue reading it if I don't remember the story line:)

smiekeltje said...

Great, at least a package has been delivered again. Annoying that you sent it in time and it takes that long to arrive. But Alana looks happy enough(and a late Christmas present is nice too).

Oh, tell me about grumpy moods! LOL. I have to admit at times I have them too. Best to let me go and be on my own and not to say a lot hahaha.

Hmmm, you should get working on your blog book with those discounts! And in a way I guess it is relaxing too.
Curious about your new RING. If it really works, it's great. But you are like me a bit now, slow in getting new techs in the head, of how it works. But you will manage it, for sure.

Now time to slowly get my blogpost done, so I send you a big hug and wish for a lovely day!
Kyra

LV said...

Always enjoy a visit with you. Enjoy seeing all the pretty hand work you do.

Theresa said...

We have those grumpy days, I have my share:) I am happy that the package finally arrived and yes she looks like she loves it. Also that neck warmer that doubles as a face mask is awesome, I know he loved it. The best gifts are homemade! We all had conversations during Christmas about packages late and lost, sadly the USPS seemed like they did the worst job. Anyway, I have been MIA trying to finish celebrating Christmas. Perhaps I will get around to everyone before Valentine's Day, HAHAHA! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

My Tata's Cottage said...

I read a book about this Asian actress from the early 1900's. It was slow going but what a sad life really. Her name was Anna May Wong. Oh the horrible mistreat of minorities of all races. U G H I do not believe Hollywood has ever really changed. Y U C K ! Oh I love the poncho and I love the neck warmer and mask combo. W O W ! You are such a great gift giver. Sure love all things made with love. Your great grand girl is so cute! I Love the color of her poncho too. Cuteness.
I am like that naughty girl with the curl too. HaHa somedays we can not help it can we?
You take care and keep having fun and being so full of all sorts of fun! Take care my friend. HUGS and LOVE