Friday, January 29, 2021

BRRRRR!

 January 29, 2021

Good morning.  Today is Brrrrrr!  Temps are at 7F degrees, and might climb as high as 15F degrees later this afternoon with some snow showers.  This is definitely not my cup of tea!  I just have to keep saying to myself,  "only fifty more days till Spring."

Last night I made one Watermelon scrubby dish cloth.  It's really pretty, but I'll wait for the temps to go up a bit before making another one.  It's just too cold to sit and crochet.  It's so much warmer beneath my warm blanket.  Today will be a lazy TV day.  Here's the Watermelon cloth.

It seems to have warmed up a bit.  (although I can't feel it yet)  Here's what my phone app is saying now.  Note the "feels like" portion.  

It's not comfortable sitting here to type so I'm going to make this a very short post and crawl under my blankets and get warm.  When it warms up a little more, I'll do some blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe (and warm!) and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Edna
I'm sorry you're so cold. I can't believe it's that cold in Tennessee! Here in SC today we are cold, 30's with wind chill in the 20's but not as cold as you are.. I am just finishing up a new blanket called the "Boho Blanket". It uses the moss stitch and the puff stitch which I have never done before so I am enjoying it.... Love the color of your dish cloth. Stay warm!
Robyn

smiekeltje said...

This weekend we will have also colder temperatures, hopefully it will last only till midweek, weather forecast isn;t yet sure how the weather will behave then. Might go up , I do hope so.

You are right to stay wrapped in our warm blanket! And why not lazy tv day today? A day without crocheting isn;t too bad.
We had a visit from an old friend today, to say happy birthday to Jan. was nice to see somebody again.

Stay warm put the heat on and crawl under a warm blanket, with a cup of cocoa or coffee.
Have a lovely "linger-on"day.
Hugs
Kyra

Dee Jaynes said...

Stay under those covers mom - I’ll get your little fireplace working tomorrow after work- you should never be cold outside of your covers- I love you <3

Kansas Jen said...

Very pretty scrubby. Sorry you are cold. Hope things are better tomorrow.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Brrr here as well, Edna, since we both live in New England :-0 I too have been staying indoors all day, except when my husband said he would drive me for a quick trip to the local grocery store - no outdoor walking there today as we have done in the past! Good thing too because while we didn't do a large grocery shop it would have been too much to carry home on a walk. I don't mind the cold as long as like you I am warm and comfy indoors.

Theresa said...

Love that watermelon scrubby dish cloth:) Take care and stay warm! HUGS!

My Tata's Cottage said...

That watermelon scrubby is so neat. Stay warm and happy and healthy.