Friday, January 22, 2021

A Day Wasted Waiting

January 22, 2021

Good morning.  My goodness, we had snow yesterday!  My phone app never mentioned this.  There must have been several hundred tiny little snow flakes scattered all over my yard before it was over.  Of course, once the flakes hit the ground or any object, they seemed to become invisible.  But I did see them coming down, so I know they were really here.  Deanne was here and she saw them too!

Well, I waited all day yesterday, right up until six p.m. for the mailman, but he never showed up.  My regular mailman should be on today, so I shall watch for him.  Yesterday was his day off and a substitute carrier did his route.  (or at least some of his route)   Needless to say, I did not get to do much of anything else while I was watching for the mail all day.  

"Ring" is rather handy, but it does not let you speak to the person outside unless they hang around a bit while you get your Ring app opened on your phone.  This is not quite what I had in mind for buying this product, but it is what it is.  On TV, they show the homeowner speaking to the people outside right away.  I just haven't figured out how that works.  

Therefore, most of my day was spent looking out my door, watching for the mailman.  I did not get much of anything else accomplished.  Maybe a few crochet rows on a project, but that's it.  Deanne came by after work and brought me a container of Shepherd's Pie for my supper.  Oh my, yummy!  Thank you, Deanne.  It was delicious.

  

I borrowed the above image from the web.  It sort of fits me to a T.  This next image is a photo that I took of an article in the Reader's Digest.  I'm sorry I folded the page over before I took the photo but you can still read it.  I just thought that it was a very good tip to pass along to all of you.


A reader asks what kind of potato to use to make the potato recipe on yesterday's blog.  I just buy large baking potatoes.   I look for a nice big ovally shaped potato.

Now I'm off to put my laundry together.  Deanne will be by after work to help me carry it all out to the laundry room.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I hate it to wait for somebody(like your mailman or some other deliverer) and the one doesn;t show up. It messes up all your day.
Hope you will see and speak your usual mailman today.

Mmmmmmmm, Sheperds Pie is yummie. You brougt me to a good idea, I could make that next week some day.!
For Sunday I planned to make just simple macaroni(with some cheese, of course and well seasoned) and to that fried chicken liver with some fried bacon and some salad.

Deanne is wonderful to you and see, she will help you with the laundry, that awesome girl!

We have nice weather today, quite some sunshine and not too cold, could be less in the weekend, in some parts of the country even some snow. We;ll see what will be in our part.

Good tip for the containers to get rid of the tomatoe sauce in it. It is often hard to get it bright again such a container.

Now time for a little game, I guess, may be a cup of tea.
Have yourself a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

It sounds like Deanne takes good care of you:) Good luck in catching the mailman today. We're expecting a few inches of snow Saturday into Sunday so I may stay inside until the roads are cleared. Then again, maybe the forecast will change ha! When it comes to snow, I'm always hopeful that maybe the weather forecasters will be wrong.

Theresa said...

I just walked up to the mailbox because my mailman was running late today. I have used the ring to speak to people. If they drop a package and leave, it’s too late to say anything. But if they ring the doorbell and stand there, I can chat with them. Enjoy your evening dear friend. Hugs