Monday, June 1, 2020

Welcoming Another New Month

June 1, 2020

Good morning.  Today is sunny with temps in the low sixties.  My phone app says it will warm up again in a couple days.  It's also a brand new month.  Can you believe it is already June?  Here is the June page from my calendar.


I'd like to thank everyone for all your comforting messages.  My friend Rhoda reads this blog every day and I'm sure they will be very comforting to her too.

I'm trying the "new" blogger today.  It's very different, and I haven't decided yet if I like it or not.  I'm not sure how to size the photo yet, so if anyone has figured it out can you let me know?  Thank you in advance.

I'm thinking that it's going to be more expensive now to have my blog books printed.  I include all the comments in my books.  They've changed the layout of the comments page and now they are spread out more so it will take more room to print them in the books.

Blogger says it will be much easier now to blog from your phone.  I'm thinking that these changes are all for the phones.  It's sad that the laptop users didn't get a vote on some of the changes.  I don't know about you, but I would have a hard time blogging from my phone.  My fat little fingers make it difficult just to text.  I always have to keep going back to change all the wrong keys that I poked.  Can you imagine me trying to type a whole post on that tiny keyboard?

Well, that's enough of my complaining.  I'm sure I'll find more changes to discuss as I go along.  How about talking about our doggies now that the warmer temps are going to be coming to stay.  I know I say this every year, but please don't leave your doggies in the car, EVER!  It doesn't take long for the heat to kill your pet.  Your pets would never hurt you.  Please do not ever hurt them. 


Now I have to try the "preview" and "publish."   First though, let me share a beautiful photo that my daughter Deanne took some time ago at our local park.  


Till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

9 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Its Beth. I am not sure how to work this windows 10 new computer just yet. I am going to have to do some reading but I hope that I can post this commment. What a pretty pattern and afghan. I love the colors in the blanket and the shell stitch... Hugs... xx

Dee Jaynes said...

We’ll go to the park as soon as they open it back up and you can get some nice pics! Love you Mom <3

Steve Reed said...

I haven't used the new Blogger yet. I think you can opt to continue using the old one if you want, can't you? That's my impression. (And my hope!)

I think blogging from a phone would totally transform the practice of blogging. Posts would be shorter, more Facebook-like and less blog-like. That's exactly NOT what I want!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

To re-size your photos: click on the photo, a little panel will appear which amongst other things has a little picture of a pen on it. This is to edit the photo, click on the pen symbol and a choice of sizes magically appears, click on the size you want. It took me a while to figure it out too!

wisps of words said...

-sigh- How long has it been, since blogging was "made" for using a computer, as in the old fashioned way? Hehhhh... I know. I am asking silly questions. everyone uses a smalllll device for everything now. Everyone but me! -grin-

Actually, the New gets easy, in not too long. Although I still have to switch back, now and then. Just have to keep trying to figure it all out.

I size my own pics, so can't help you, with sizing them, via blogger.

Keep at it!!!!!! -smile-

Susie said...

Oh Edna, There's no way I type on my phone. I am doing well on a keyboard. I do not see that well. Still need my cataracts removed...once then open up and the scare is gone. I do not own pets, but I would never be mean to one. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

smiekeltje said...

You are right about the changes, I think they are all more for the phones than for laptops and such. And I don;t use a phone for blogging. A phone is for calling someone, or may be an sms, or may be take a photo but that's all. Blogging has to be done from a laptop or desktop. But....good girl for trying out the new Blogger. We will get the hang of it sometime.

To Steve: I believe the changing back to the "old"blogger is only for a while, then all will be new style.

Oh Edna, better weather is coming your way, now I hope soon it will be able to go to the parc again with Deanne. It would be fantastic for you.
Till then, hopefully you enjoy the stays on the porch with Pogo.

Today we still have a lovely, warm day, rest of the week temps will drop again to around 19-20C. Not bad too, but not as nice as it was LOL.
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Edna, I’m with you and many others who do not post from my phone. It’s hard enough using my tablet, so my preferred method of writing posts and adding comments is on my desktop computer. I also noticed that the way you can view all comments is different and nit for the better in my opinion. It will be interesting to read other blogger’s views on the changes.

wisps of words said...

June 2

I am on an old, old iMac. I can not do any Updates or etc., any more. Therefore I can not see the video, which is always at the top of your blog.

Please, what is it of?

Every time I come here, I see it. And can't view it.

So I ask. -smile-

🌱🌸🌱