Sunday, June 28, 2020

So, Where's The Rain?

June 28, 2020

Good morning.  I've just checked my phone's weather app and notice that it has decided that we'll have some sun for a few hours, then the promised rain will return.  Tenps should reach the low eighties.  Yesterday started out this way too.  Finally, around two o'clock, the rains came.  All two hundred and thirty seven drops of it.  

Yesterday, Deanne and Eddie came by to help spruce up my yard.  Eddie overhauled the lawn tractor and bought a new battery for it.  Then he moved the lawns on both sides of the house.  


Meanwhile, Deanne was weeding out my little gardens on this side of the house.  They are looking so much better now.  Later, she walked around and took some photos of the plants on the other side of the house.  Here's one of the pink lilies.


She also shared a photo of her orange rose bush.  It's just like the one they gave me, except that nothing ate her plant.  Look at how beautiful her orange rose is.


Deanne says it's more coral than orange.  I say it's simply beautiful.  I did not bother to take a photo of my plant because all that's left are short stubby stems.  It's not exactly very pretty just yet.  I have hopes that with a lot of TLC, it will look beautiful next year.  

Other than spend a lot of time out on the porch yesterday, I really did not do very much.  I crocheted a few rows on the dark blue hat, then read a book, "Unfinished Business" by Nora Roberts.  It's been a while since I've read a book, so it was really enjoyable.  

Today I think I'll type a list of all the books on my Kindle app.  I know I used to have a list all typed, but I seem to have misplaced it.  At some point, I want to figure out how to sort all the books into groups.  Novels, History, Bible, Poetry, Cooking, Music, Art, Crafts, Knitting, Crocheting, Trivia, Biographies, etc.  It's a rather eclectic collection.

Now that's a fun word, eclectic.  According to Google, it means.........

eclectic
[əˈklektik]
ADJECTIVE
  1. deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
    "universities offering an eclectic mix of courses" · 
    synonyms:
  2. philosophy
    denoting or belonging to a class of ancient philosophers who did not belong to or found any recognized school of thought but selected doctrines from various schools of thought.
NOUN
  1. a person who derives ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Really nice of Eddie and Deanne to help you out in the garden.
We had a bit of rain too today, but in the afternoon the sun was there between some clouds, temps okay.
It was a uiet day today, which was nice.
Glad you can spend some time on the porch, it means it is just a good temperature mostly.

I bet Pogo was quit excited when Deanne and Eddie came on the working visit!

Have a nice day.
Hugs
Kyra

Susie said...

Edna, You have pretty flowers there. We got over 2 inches of rain. I hope you get rain too. I never like heavy flooding rains. But our lawn truly needed the rain we got over 3 days. More headed our way this coming week. And some of those hot hi 80, lo 90's. Too hot to work or sit out. Take care, Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

What a blessing to have Deanne and Eddie to help you. I know you loved having them buzzing around giving your yard a manicure! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful flowers! That pink lily is really nice.