Thursday, June 11, 2020

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb

June 11, 2020

Good morning.  At the moment, it is 71F degrees and overcast.  My phone app says we have some rain on the way.  We can surely use the rain.  As long as it doesn't come down so hard that it knocks all my tall plants over to the ground.  

Ever do something stupid and not realize it until it was too late to fix it?  I seem to have a knack for this sort of thing.  I ordered some things to put away for Christmas, and had them mailed to me.  Usually, I use my brains and have anything for my daughter in Virginia sent to her address.  She knows to put it away till the holiday is here.  

This time I forgot to do that, and the packages arrived here yesterday.  Oh oh!  Now I have to mail one of them to Virginia, and it is rather heavy.  Dumb, dumb, dumb!  I wonder, will I ever learn?  I know I'm not alone though because there is a lot of "dumb" humor.  I found these on the web and thought maybe you could use a giggle.  The first one is by Bill Engvall, and the second one is author unknown.



I just love that one about the birdseed.  It had me giggling for quite a while.  Comedy isn't one of my favorites, but I do enjoy comedy that can really happen.  (as opposed to slap stick)  Except of course for Tim Conway on the Carol Burnett show.  His comedy was superb.  

How about an update on Sassy.  She's eating better and yesterday she started chasing Nutmeg (the cat) all around the house.  This is good news.  

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before looking for some fun mischief to get into.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh I loved Tim Conway on Carol Burnett:) The funniest, roll on the floor laughter while watching that show! We need more like it. I hope you get the rain and not TOO much! Perhaps return the heavy gift and reorder? Just a thought. Enjoy your day and thanks for sharing that Sassy is better. HUGS!

Suemn said...

I'm glad to hear that Sassy is better. Have a good day!

smiekeltje said...

Oh yeah, happens me too every now and then, that I do something, afterwards realize it wasn;t so good, but unable to fix it.
I think, it weren;t that very aweful things but still.....
We have nice temperatures today, very warm, still it is more cloudy than sunny, may be there will be some rain this evening.

So glad tp hear about Sassy. Hopefully this will be a very good indication she will get better completely.

That package for your daughter, isn;t it possible to return it(without too much costs of course) to the company you ordered it off and ask them to send it to your daughter? Or is that too much trouble for no good? May be if you can phone them and explain???
Just a suggestion, don;t know it that will work.

The bird seed gag mad me smile too for longer. It's a good one.

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

You could always return the item you bought for your daughter (assuming return shipping is free) and then re-purchase it and have it shipped directly to her? But that might be too much trouble.

The Queen Jester said...

I love comedy, especially the Carol Burnett show.

As Bill Engvall says..."You can't fix stupid"