Monday, June 29, 2020

Here Comes The Rain

June 29, 2020

Good morning.  Today is cloudy and cool.  A Blessed cool.  Temps are in the seventies today.  My phone weather app says we may even get more rain today.  More rain, you say?  Well yes.  Yesterday the rain finally showed up here, along with lots of thunder and lightning.

The storm lasted close to two hours, and the lightning struck something close by because three fire engines and two patrol cars responded to its call.  Here's a smidgen of the rain we got.


It rained so hard for so long that it knocked one of my rose bushes over.  This is a really tall bush, but now it hangs over the rest of the little garden.  


Pogo and I stayed on the porch watching the storm until we were getting too wet.  Then we had to go inside.  The rain stopped almost as fast as it started.  However, the thunder rattled around for another hour or two and the skies stayed dark gray right into night time.  

For supper last night, I had a yen for some potatoes and eggs.  Strange, huh?  But tasty.  So I fried up some potatoes and scrambled eggs.  Pogo had some of the egg on his doggie food.  We feasted.

Afterwards, I thought I might read another book, but fell asleep early instead.  I guess watching all that rain wore me out.  Do you ever go outside during a storm to watch it?  I find it as fascinating as it can be frightening.  Deanne and Eddie go outside to watch the storm too.  We took videos and shared them via our cell phones.

Wow!  We just had a whopper of a clap of thunder, and the rain is pouring down.  Oops, more thunder.  Pogo is over at the storm door barking at the thunder.  He doesn't run and hide, he barks at it.  My little guy is very brave.  I guess we're in for another storm because there was just some more thunder.

It's time for me to finish this post and do some blog reading while I can.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

That was some severe rainfall and thinder and lightning too!
Yes, Pogo is a brave little guy, not hiding but barking at the storm LOL!
Pity your rose bush fall over. Is it broken or just bended buy the heavy rainfall?
If broken, you just will have to prune it and hope it will grow next year again. may be you can try to make a few cuttings and put them in a pot with some soil and they could make roots.
I did a few times and was succesfull.

Oh, I love to read, but I have trouble with it, my eyes get tired rather quickly and get very sleepy. Years ago I could read for hours and hours.

Good idea of ou to do every day just for 15 minutes something, like cleaning or ironing or something and so you get most done in a weeks time.
Potatoes fried and scrambled eggs sound a yummie meal. Strange how sometimes we really are longing for a certain dish, I know what it is ROFL.

Have a lovely day, hopefully without damage from rain and/or thunder.
Hugs
kyra

Steve Reed said...

Wow, that's a lot of rain! I've never heard of a dog barking at thunder. That's so funny.

My Tata's Cottage said...

OH My Goodness! What is with little dogs! These do the same thing, they bark like mad but are not scared. Leo on the other hand runs to hide. He is a scaredy cat! Poor fellow and he hates being alone. The pups are too busy getting into all sorts of mischief. I love breakfast food at dinner. We get minimal rain, I wish we would get more. Hannah is in Western NY and they get tons of it. I hope you have a wonderful week. Rain makes me sleepy but I love listening to it fall and even going out in it unless the lightening is bad. Take care HUGS xo

Theresa said...

WOW, that's a lot of rain. I go out on my screen porch sometimes when it rains. I think it is peaceful, without the thunder and lightning of courses. Pogo is BRAVE! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!