Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Interchangeable Hours

June 9, 2020

Good morning.  Today is overcast with temps in the seventies.  My phone app says it will be like this for the next few days.  Maybe this is Nature's way of slowing things down a bit.  

Today I'm really late posting because I slept late.  Most of the night was restless till about 5:30 this morning.  Then sleep finally found me and I drifted off.  It's all good though.  Most of my hours are interchangeable.  

I spent a few hours yesterday looking for something.  That's not the best chore for me.  I get side tracked so easily.  First I find something that I just have to sit and look at.  Then, of course, I find another "have to look at" and it goes on like that for hours.  Every day could be an adventure just by looking for something.

Today, I need to get back to my crocheting.  At the rate I'm going, I won't get very many of my projects finished this year.  I still want to try rock painting.  I'm thinking that maybe I'll just get a few rocks and try painting them to see if I actually like how it comes out before starting on a bigger paint project.  

Today I have photos of some of my roses that are starting to bloom.  




I'm thinking of getting an electric scooter so that I can get around better.  Before buying anything big, I do a lot of research first.  That's what I'm doing right now.  It has to be strong, yet light enough that it can be taken apart and put into the trunk of the car easily.  I would have to leave it outside so I'd need to get some sort of storage space for it to keep it safe from weather.  

Sassy is still trying to eat a little each day.  Hopefully, this is a good sign.  Now I'm going to drink my coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Beautiful Roses Miss Edna, we used to have lovely red Knock-Out roses, and then the blight hit, and we ended up digging them up and burning them, per the recommendation.
A lightweight scooter would be much better than the full-sized heavier models, if you plan on taking it places with you, unloading could be a problem.
Hope you have a lovely, peaceful day.
Hugs,
~Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A scooter would be a good idea to make it easier for you to get around, Edna. Doing research on any purchase is always good and sometimes the most fun.

Kathy said...

Your roses are beautiful. I have to get out there and prune my bushes or I won't have any more roses this year. I have had a lot.

A scooter is a great idea. It would make getting around a lot easier for you. I've thought of doing that too, but I have no where to store one except parked on the street. Not a good idea.

Theresa said...

My Brother has a scooter and loves it, hope you have good luck finding one and storage for it. Those roses are SO PRETTY! You know I love flowers, blooms make me smile! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Roses are always lovely, specially when they are half open, I think.
An electric scooter could be a good help for you. But it is hard to pick one out because there are a lot of different types. Is it possible you can get a companie come over to you with one or two scooters, that you can test out in the yard for example?? I know there are companies here that do that.
And yes, sometimes research is nice, but i too get easily side tracked LOL.
Jan and I are thinking to have douv=ble glaed windwos at the fron of our house, that ould be one for the living and one for the little bedroom.
It will take some rather big money, but it will help too to keep the place warmer(those old windows like to leave draught through).
So may be soon I will decide when and which company,first next Tuesday Jan will have the catharization, hopefully they will put the stent in right away. We are not sure yet about that.
Today is more cloudy, but from tomorrow we will have nicer and nicer weather.
Have a fantastic day(glad you finally caught a bit of sleep!!)
Hugs
Kyra

wisps of words said...

Oh my yes!!! Doing a Search for one thing, can lead us down so many other paths!!!!!! -giggles-

Good luck with your Search for a "Scooter," which fits your particular needs!

Your roses are beautiful!!!! REally, really, really!!!! Do you try to Dead Head them, when the blossoms are 'spent'? We are always "going to" do this. -sigh- And then, it doesn't get done.

Enjoy them, while they are in bloom!!!!!!!

🌺🌸🌼🌹🌻🌷

Steve Reed said...

The roses look great!