Monday, June 15, 2020

Happy Birthday to Bobby and Sean

June 16, 2020

Good morning.  Today and tomorrow are supposed to be sunny with temps in the upper sixties.  Actually quite a good day if you have to do any yard work or a lot of errands.

Well, yesterday was a lost day.  I was wicked tired (Gee, I wonder why!) so it was spent mostly napping except for getting up a few times to do things like meals, etc.  I'll have to keep this in mind the next time I decide to stay up all night playing with music or whatever.  

Today I'm distance celebrating the birthdays of grandson Bobby and stepson Sean.  I wish both of them a fabulous day full of love and happiness.  Here is a birthday banner and photo of Bobby that Deanne sent to me.  They celebrated with a barbeque.


She also sent me another photo of one of her gorgeous roses.  The color of this one is so beautiful.


I've just discovered where some of the options for the text here on Blogger are hidden.  They are under the three dots at the end of the row of icons (above the text area).

Because I had such a large nap, I woke up a couple times during the night.   I used the awake time to do a bit of crocheting, then went back to sleep.  Today I will try to do a few of the things that I had planned for yesterday.  I really need to do some laundry too, so maybe I can manage that today.  

I think I'd like to have my hair cut, but that's still a bit risky for me.  As much as I love long hair, taking care of it is just too much some days.  It's not the hair, it's having to keep my arms up in the air while brushing it.  

Have you been noticing that those "required" weekly notices on TV are happening every other day or so lately?  They showed one a few days ago, then again yesterday.  They just now had another one.  These are the alerts they would use if a storm was coming.  The are supposed to show them weekly to make sure they are working, I guess.  

Our local WalMart is open again, so I think I might try to order water to be picked up.  It was one of the local WalMart stores that had to close because of the Covid-19 virus.  They needed to clean the whole store thoroughly.  

I mostly miss going to Ocean State Job Lot.  That is one store that has always been fun to shop at.  It's clean and they carry so many different things.  You an easily spend hours just walking around and looking at things.  Ah well, soon I hope we'll be able to do this again.

Now I'm going to refresh my cup of coffee and do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Happy birthday to Bobby and Sean. It is a pity for you that you only can celebrate from a distance, but it has to be for some while like that.
I think doing the music all night was a bit too much for your body LOL.
But hey, you take a day to do some naps and next day you are all okay again. (That are the privileges or benefits if you like to be older. we can do that, yeah!!!!!
That rose color of Deanne's rose is ever so beautiful!! I am jealous of it hahaha.
I called the doctor today and he gave me a prescription for a painkiller and or infection killer, it was the same stuff I had another time. So I took 1 tablet already and this evening may be one more(can only take two a day). it's today already a bit better, so with help of that pill I hope to get rid of all in a day or two may be three.
Oh, I too like to go to the hairdresser and I am planning to make an appointment for this week or may be next. Probably for you still a bit too early to go to a hairdresser. Better stay safe.
Enjoy the nice weather for now,
Have a wonderful dayHugs
Kyra

LV said...

I enjoy spending the day with you via blog and appreciate our kind words. I am trying but most is trial and error. I do not know how to link to another meme the new way. Still so much I do not understand. Any suggestions you have I appreciate. I have an email in my profile. I know nothing about creating blogs or terms used.I was shown years ago how to do my blog the old way and do it each day over and over.

Beth Reed said...

I don't really miss going to any of the stores. I can just easily order what I need online and so I don't miss being exposed to any of the customers or clerks.

Happy birthday to your boys. It is hard to believe how the years fly. My son Jonathan has a birthday the last day of this month. Karyn had hers the 9th of this month so we will do something small.

Have a awesome day. xx

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated birthday wishes to your family members, Edna. Hopefully, one day soon we can celebrate family milestones together as we have 2 coming up next month. The local Wel-Mart here is open but we hardly go to it. We do have a local Job Lot and really like going there and it's within walking distance as well, so we get out exercise to and from even if we don't buy a thing!