Thursday, June 18, 2020

Blooms And Energy

June 18, 2020

Good morning.  Today and the next few days will be sunny with temps in the eighties.  Porch sitting time will now be switched to mornings when the breathing will be easier.  Right after Perry Mason, of course.

Today I have photos of my peonies.  The light pink one has opened and is huge, and the dark rose one is just beginning to open.



I also have a couple photos of personal generators.  The one that I bought a few years ago from The Home Shopping Channel, and another that is advertised on Amazon.  



The generators come in many sizes and prices.  One should look them over before deciding which one to buy.  They have quite a few places on them to plug different things into.  On mine, several things can be plugged in at the same time.  The charge on mine can last up to a year

I bought mine so that in case of an electrical outage, I would be able to use my oxygen.  I would also be able to use my phone, TV and at least a light.  Maybe even the microwave.  Since I bought it, I've only had one emergency where I've needed to rely on the generator.  I have used it several times though, just to keep it in working order.  Especially out on my porch.  I hope this information will be helpful for anyone wishing to purchase one of these generators.  I think they are an excellent buy.

Pogo has almost finished eating his breakfast, so I think I'll get ready to head to the porch before it starts to get too warm to sit out.  So, till tomorrow Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Gorgeous Peonies Miss Edna, and just look at the size of those blooms :)
Thank you for sharing the information about the generators, it's something I will look in to.
I was wondering what you needed them for, but now I know.
Hope you have a lovely day with Pogo.
Hugs,
~Jo

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Your peonies are beautiful; I tried growing some once for my mother but they didn't do well.

Steve Reed said...

Your peonies are looking great! As I think I told you, ours didn't bloom at all this year. Bummer!

(And by the way, I don't at all disagree with your comment on my blog. :) )

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We have a generator too and it gives you a sense of security. At least if the electricity is off you can run your fridge...or make a pot of coffee! Hugs!

Buttercup said...

Our peonies are come and gone, so I'm so happy to see your beauties. Thanks for sharing.

Theresa said...

Your peonies are GORGEOUS! I really need to plant some in my flower garden. Thanks for the info on the generator. It is sure something we need for an emergency. We have a small power supply that we have used for charging phones when the power was out. We keep it charged up, just in case! Enjoy your porch sitting while it is cool. The heat is coming this weekend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Love the peonies. I treid once to grow them in the garden, but no success.

It's good to know you can rely on a generator in case of emergency.
Lucky we don;t have often a fall out of energy here, almost is placed under ground so in case of thunderstorms or such, nothing much can happen. Unless a big power station is hit, ah well, anything can happen.
Just finished here vacuum run, after I've done a few grocerie shoppings. All set for the weekend, I think. Now time to relax, just as you do on the porch I will do so in the garden,after some computering .
Have a lovely day, cuddle to Pogo
Hugs to you.
Kyra

Angelina Dorian said...

I live in another part of the world and peonies grow in my garden too, but they have never been as big as your pink. Very beautiful!