Friday, June 19, 2020

Happy Birthday Gary Jr. (a day early)

June 19, 2020

Goo morning.  Tis another gorgeous day in the eighties here in my little part of New England.  In a few days the temps are even going to climb into the nineties.  That's not so good.  Ah well, the trick is to do things in the morning before it gets too hot.  

Tomorrow is my son Gary Jr's birthday.   I don't post on Saturday, so I'm celebrating today.  Here are two photos of Gary Jr, one from his early days in the Navy, and the other of him and me in Florida a few years ago.  Gary Jr, I wish you a beautiful day filled with love and happiness.  I love you.



It wasn't really that long ago that Jr was toddling around the yard, trying to keep up with his sisters.  You know, at the time, it seemed as though the days and years were long.  But in reality, they are really too short.  Time flits by so quickly and before you know it, our toddlers are grandparents themselves and wondering where all the time went.  

Lately, I've been scouring the net looking for new crochet patterns that I might want to make.  I've collected quite few pictures, and ordered a couple patterns.  Most of the time, I use the same pattern for my afghans, but I enjoy crocheting a few new projects in between the afghans.  

I just took a short break to go out on the porch and take a few photos of the birds and critters in the yard.  I'll have to crop a few of them to share here.  I noticed that the bird feeder is empty so I tossed out a cupful of cracked corn to hold them over until Joe gets home and can fill the feeder.  

Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  After that, I want to put a few more rows on my crochet project.  After that, there's always something needing to be done.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

We're about to get a little heat wave here too, apparently. You wouldn't know it, though, based on the chilly temperatures and gray skies today!

Happy birthday to Gary!

Steve Reed said...

(Gary looks like you, by the way -- I can really see a resemblance in that second picture!)

smiekeltje said...

Happy Birthday to Gary Jr.

Hmmm, curious what patterns you found for new projects I am still busy making a blanet for my bed. I have done the parts with the thicker yarn(will be for winter) but have to put them together.
Now knitting with much thinner yarn, that is lighter for a cover during summer.
Ahh, as long as we keep busy LOL.
Glad you still can enjoy some time on the porch, it is nice in the morning when it is still quiet and not too warm, and just hear the birds.

I di quite some stuff today(also some gardening and it is time to relax.
So wishing you a lovely weekend,
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope that your son,Gary, had a wonderful birthday and that he also has a great year as birthdays should last that long! Nice to see the photo of you and he together.