Tuesday, June 2, 2020

So Many Changes, So Much To Learn

June 2, 2020

Good morning.  Tis sunny and 57F degrees at the moment.  Temps should climb into the mid to upper sixties  in a few hours.  My phone app says it is supposed to start warming up again tomorrow.  This would be a good time for my phone app to be right.

Thank you to John at By Stargoose And Hanglands for telling me how to size a photo that we're uploading to our blog.  I spent a while yesterday trying to figure out how to put my slideshow of photos back at the top of my blog.  Alas, I did not have much luck.  I did click on the help button, but that offered no help.  Today I'll look it up on Google to see if it has any ideas that work.

As you can see, I finally figured out how to make a link to another blog.  I leaned a couple other things too, but they are minor.  It's going to take a while to figure out all the nuances of this "new" blogger.  I used to have a jukebox full of music on my blog too, but it disappeared.  I guess because of legal reasons.  I'd like to figure out how to put another one on my blog.  I rather enjoyed it.

My SIL Edie sent me a photo from her archives.  It must have been taken with an early digital camera because it is quite grainy.  Tis a photo from the late seventies or early eighties of my hubby and me.


I just thought of something.  There's no button to add a video to our blogpost.  If anyone has that figured out could you let me know how to do it too?  Thank you in advance.

Deanne is coming y today.  We're going to have subs for lunch together.  I must remember to text her soon to let her know what I want on my sandwich.  I'm thinking I might have turkey with mayo and pickles.

When Kevin was here the other day, he brought me a gift from Deanne.  It's a little patriotic doggie.  Isn't this just the cutest little thing?  Thank you Deanne, I love it!


I just discovered another thing I need to figure out.  When you type a post and save it as a draft, how do you open it and edit it?  I tried everything I could think of and finally erased the whole post and started over with a new one.  This is not my idea of fun. 

With all these "new" and rather unnecessary changes to Blogger, I'm sure we're going to lose a few fellow bloggers.  Some folks I know have been blogging for many years, and I'm going to miss them.  Blogger seems to be taking a lot of the fun out of blogging out of blogging.  That's really sad.   

Ah well, it's time for me to get started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Jan said...

I think I'm allergic to change. I don't want to learn all these new things...what I really want is to get spell check back!!!

It's bad enough that we have to learn social distancing and wearing face masks...now we have to learn a new blogger?

wisps of words said...

Delightful photo of you and your late husband!!!!!! -smile-

And hooray for the Dear Blogger Pal, for telling you how to size your photos!

OK, it was a slideshow of photos, at top of your blog. That is what I can't see, because I can't upgrade apps, anymore, on my old, old computer! Don't have any idea about doing this! Never had one.

When you are stuck, with doing something, on New Blogger, do a Search, of/for your particular question. These "answers" can be more clear, than Blogger Help.

As to how to return to a Draft, after Previewing it???? Up in top left corner, look for the arrow pointing backward. It shows up, before the Blogger Logo in orange, and before "Bloger." Just click on that backward arrow.... and you go back, to where you can click on your Drafts... And continue writing your post.

I am finding, that some of the New Ways, are actually simpler. Like this one. Just look for an 'arrow' and click on it.

Enjoy your lunch and cute doggie!

🌱🌸🌱

Steve Reed said...

I'm hesitant to offer hints because I'm not using new Blogger yet -- whatever I tell you would be based on old Blogger, which you probably already know!

Whenever I upload videos, I put them on YouTube, and then embed them on my blog using the embed code that YouTube provides. You insert that into your post using the html (rather than compose) mode. Apparently the button to access html mode has moved in new Blogger but it's still there somewhere, or so I'm told. I set most of my videos on YouTube to "unlisted," which means someone has to have a link or click on the embed to view them -- in other word, people on YouTube can't come across them without being on my blog first.

Does that help? Or just complicate things? LOL!

Love the old photo!

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

Edna,
To insert a video, click on the three vertical dots (right next to smiley face). That will show you a drop down menu of more options. There you will see 'insert video' option.

Buttercup said...

I'm getting familiar with the new blogger, too. Next to the picture icon at the top of the page is one for video. I haven't used it yet, but it looks doable. Take care!

smiekeltje said...

Lunch with Deanne sounds ever so great. I curious what finally you will take as sandwich !
Think Wisps of wors is right.
the arrow on the left you go back to all posts. Stand on the post and click on Draft and continue. Later you can publish all with the thicker arrow on the right of the title bar.
I did a try, and got it published, but couldn't remove the post anymore LOL. Think you cannot remove the post anymore after having published?
It all is confusing, but slowly we will manage to underatnd it LOL.

It is a bit less good weather here, will be even less rest of the week and later. Brrrr, not good temperatures then.
We'll see how long that will last again. Some rain is predicted which is a good thing.

Hope your lunch will be wonderful!
Hugs
Kyra