Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Another Pretty Spring Day

June 16, 2020

Good morning.  It's early yet so the sun isn't shining yet.  Hopefully, it will be up soon.  Enjoy the day because Spring is almost over.  In four days, Summer begins.  On my son Gary's birthday.  Lots of years, his birthday falls on Father's Day.  This year it falls on the first day of Summer, the day before Father's Day.

I awoke early today and did a bit of crocheting.  I thought I might get a few things done now so that I can sit and enjoy my visit with Deanne later this morning.  She's coming by with breakfast.  Yum!

I dug out my little personal generator to take out to the porch today.  Once I have it out there, I'll plug it in to make sure it  is fully charged.  The charge lasts about a year, but I haven't charged it in a long time.  Today I want to call Big Brother Big Sister again to see if they are picking up again yet.  I have several bags waiting for them.  

While Deanne is here, I'll have her walk with me to the other side of the house to see if my peony buds have opened up yet.  I took photos of them the other day but the buds were not open.  Here's the pink peony bud.


I also took photos of my pink rose tree and my little yellow rose.  They are doing really well this year.



I'll ask Deanne to check on my new orange rose bush to see how it is coming along.  It's not tall enough yet for me to see it from the porch.  Soon, though, I hope.  I'll have to order some rose plant food to give all my roses a healthy boost.

I think I might take my shredder out to the porch too so that I can sit out there and go through a lot of junk mail.  I'm never at a loss for a pile of junk mail.  So this is something that can keep me busy all summer long, while I enjoy listening to the birds in my yard.  

This morning I also want to call our local WalMart  to see what days and hours orders can be picked up.  I meant to do this yesterday but somehow got side tracked.  I don't like to let my spring water supply get real low.  I drink a lot of water, and I'm not about to start drinking tap water.  

Another thing I want to do soon is to drive my car.  I haven't driven it since last March.  One of these days, I just might pack Pogo and my camera into the car and head toward the park now that it is open again,.  I'm not ready to get out and walk around the park by myself yet, but it would be nice to just sit in the car and take photos of the water birds.  

Ah well, enough wishing and wanting.  I think I'll go wash some dishes that are waiting for me in the kitchen sink.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Our peonies completely failed to bloom this year. We have no idea why. Maybe because it was so warm and dry.

Jan said...

I love porch sitting. My friend, Deb, and I would sit until winter. There were days we'd pull out the blankets and wrap up and sit out for a while. I even take my kindle out there and sit after Mr. K has gone to bed. Enjoy porch season!

smiekeltje said...

Oh nice, Deanne is coming over for breakfast!!!
It would be wonderful if you could take a little ride to the park, (but as you said not go out of the car by yourself yet!)
It will change the daily rythm and it will be nice to see all the changes of nature during the time you wasn;t there.

Just picked up Jan at the hospital. They just took a look and said it wasn;t necessary to do anything.! So he could go home , just has to take care of one of the arms, he has a little pressure bandage on it, probably can take it of somewhere tomorrow.
Well, I am curious to hear if Jan will get kind of evaluation appointment to hear all details.
But I guess, all by all it is good news.

I bet he is quite tired and will hopefully sleep well this night(he didn;t sleep last night, cause he had to be up so early).

Have a lovely day!
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

There's a lot to be said about the benefits of porch sitting, Miss Edna, which we did often at our former VA home. Looking forward to seeing the peony once it's in full bloom.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Sounds like you are having a lovely day Miss Edna, and your flowers are so beautiful !
A personal generator ? What does it do...like a cooling fan ? Sounds like something I would enjoy :)
I have Norsemen blood running through my veins, the heat and humidity of the Tennessee summer days, are quite overwhelming :)
Enjoy your day, and visiting time !
Hugs,
~Jo

Theresa said...

Wishing and wanting here too:) My daylilies are late blooming this year but one is showing it's beauty right now. Flowers are a blessing in our day! Enjoy your time with Deanne, I know you will. HUGS!