Wednesday, June 24, 2020

A Simply Awesome Day!

June 24, 2020

Good morning.  At the moment, it's a bit cloudy with temps in the low seventies.  But that will change soon.  Temps will be getting up into the mid eighties and we just may have some rain.  Or a a bit of a  thunderstorm.  We'll just have to wait and see what develops.

Yesterday, though, was absolutely delightful, even if it was a bit on the warm side.  Deanne came by and took Pogo and me for a ride through the park to see the swans and their new babies.  They were too far out in the water for me to get any photos, but on her way home later, Deanne went back through the park and got a few photos for me.


I was soooo nice being in the park again.  It's a large park with lots of trees, ponds and water birds.  Pogo really enjoyed getting out.  His little head was turning every which way so as not to miss seeing anything.  

On the way home, we stopped at a Dairy Queen.  I had a strawberry sundae, and Deanne had the pineapple sundae.  Oh my, I don't have to tell you how awesome good that sundae tasted!  Here's a photo I took to show how well folks were distancing and wearing their masks.  That's Deanne at the head of the line, waiting to place our order.


You know, I don't go out to restaurants very often.  A visit to the Dairy Queen is to me like a visit to a very expensive restaurant.  My tastes are really very simple.  A visit to the park and an ice cream, what could be better?

After we left the Dairy Queen, we stopped by the Post Office where Deanne went in and got me the form needed to mail a parcel to another country.  The postal worker told Deanne that we would need to check on Google to see what countries were accepting packages from the U.S. and which ones were not accepting them.  I never gave this a thought, so I spent part of the afternoon Googling for the information.

Today I have a gift to wrap.  There's another birthday coming up next week, and I want to have my gift ready.  Now I'm going to get me a nice cold bottle of water and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

My Tata's Cottage said...

Hi Edna, I sure appreciate your friendship. We are going to have another hot day. I enjoyed the break from it with rain last week. Our son Nick told us if you have the Dairy Queen app on your phone, at least here, you can get two small shakes or malts for $3 on Monday. I am going to finish my Wednesday post and pay a few bills. Take care and enjoy your day. Stay cool! :-)

smiekeltje said...

Yourday sounds really awesome! A ride through the pakr, with Deanne's company, and Pogo's and then a yummie icecream too! It must have felt sooooo good to be outside the house for a while!

We had a very warm day today as will be the next two too. So I guess I won't be doing a lot. Oh well, we have to get used to it again, but after a day or three temps will go down again.

You have a lovely day, stay safe
Hugs
Kyra

Dee Jaynes said...

Hi mom- we can make a “DQ” date for Tuesday’s each week - at 12 when they open so that it’s minimal people. What do you think? Love you <3

Barbara said...

That was an interesting piece of info you shared with us about mailing packages to other countries. I did not know that at all, but at the same time, I have no need to send a package out of country.

I do know that my daughter's family went to the post office to renew their passports and they were told passports are not being renewed at this time! (surely there are exceptions to that for airline pilots and others who NEED to travel that way).

Living simply is a good thing. Your Dairy Queen outing, and the swans -- what a delightful way to spend a summer day!

LV said...

With things like they are now, just the simple outings are a joy. I think we are in for along haul. Take care.

Theresa said...

The park looks really nice and those swans are gorgeous. My Mama would take us to the Dairy Queen when I was growing up. We got a big y’all ice cream cone🍦. 2nd post today that triggered a “Mama memory”. Thanks❤️ Enjoy your day dear fiend. Hugs