Sunday, June 14, 2020

Music, Music, Music

June 14, 2020

Good morning.  Brrr, I feel really chilly this morning.  That's because it's only 62F degrees outside and it's only going to get a couple degrees warmer for the day.  Yesterday was such a super day with temps in the seventies.  I guess my body was hoping it would stay that warm.  

I'm getting a late start on today.  Yesterday, I got busy transferring music from CD's to a 2 TB thumb drive, and well, I sort of got wrapped up in the music.  I love music, so of course I had to listen to a lot of the songs to make sure they were all playing okay.  I know, I know, such a chore!  Ah, but it had to be done. giggle, giggle.

I was having such a grand time that it was almost three in the morning before I could tear myself away from it.   Finally, my eyes were getting bleary, so I had to stop and go to bed.  Needless to say, my brains are having a hard time organizing themselves this morning.  

My hubby and I used to spend most evenings in the computer room (craft room) playing and organizing our music.   I miss that a lot.  My brother also enjoyed and collected music.  So, spending all this time transferring music files was like spending time with a best friend.

I found a really adorable cartoon image in the latest copy of the AARP newsletter.  I had to share it with you.  It reminded me so of the gift I got from Kevin a couple months ago.  


This reminds me that next Sunday is Father's Day.  A day to honor these special men in our lives.  For some, a day to revisit and linger over happy memories.  

Today I was planning on spending more time with my music, but I think I need to get a few things done first.  Feed Pogo, crochet a few rows, scare a few dust bunnies, and pay a few bills.  Then I can let myself get lost in the music again.

Before I start this new day, let me share another photo of one of my irises.   This reminds me that I have a couple new iris bulbs that need planting.  I'm not sure what color they are but they won't be any color if I don't get them planted soon.  I think I'll get that done this week.


Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Sweet memories of you and your Husband:) Oh that iris is beautiful! I love that color! I wish that my sleepy self could stay up late, it just won't work for me. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beth Reed said...

Oh what a beautiful Iris. I hope that you get the bulbs planted and I also hope that you have another wonderful day listening to your music. Your right.. what a hard chore that will be. Hugs xxxx