Friday, June 5, 2020

Still Waiting For That Rain

June 5, 2020

Good morning.  Well, we are still waiting for that rain.  Yesterday, I finally resorted to taking a pain pill so that I could do some crocheting.  I finished the grey neck warmer set, and poked through my yarn stash to find a blue yarn for the next set.  I decided on Windsor Blue.  

I'm getting a late start today.  For some reason, sleep did not come easy last night.  It was daylight before I finally drifted off to dreamland.  Pogo seemed to be having a restless night too.  Hmmm.  Maybe because the sir was so sticky?  

Today I want to take a walk around the yard to see if my orange irises have blossomed.  I'll take photos if they have.  Something tells me that the rain is waiting for these big blooms to open, then it will come and knock them down.  It happens every year.

I was hoping to have some new plants put in the ground by now, but I haven't got around to it yet.  I'll have to see if Amazon sells veggie plants.  If they do, maybe I can order a couple and plant them in pots.  I'm thinking that I'd like some summer squash.  Oh yum, that's one of my favorites.

With the warmer temps, lots of folks are out walking their dogs.  Have you noticed that no matter how hot it gets, these folks never give any thought to the fact that maybe their dogs' feet are burning up from the wicked hot asphalt?  

It's true.  In winter, these folks bundle up in lots of warm clothing, but do they put anything warm on their dogs?  No.  In summer, these same folks keep their feet covered because the ground is wicked hot.  But they don't seem to mind that their dogs' paws are burning from this same heat.  Go figure.  Here's an image I borrowed from the web.


I just heard from Deanne.  Their little dog Sassy has been at the hospital having tests all morning.  She's been sick for a few days.  Hopefully, with meds, she'll be much better really soon.  We're praying for you Sassy.

While browsing the web, I came across a rather gruesome item.  This is something I've never heard of before, and I thought I should pass it along to you.  


Now I'm going to do some blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Susie said...

Yikes, those nasty bugs. How awful for pets. I have seen those around here. They are annoying. Hope you get the rain you need but not so much it tears up the flowers. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

So true! I don't like those bugs or hot pavement for the pets:( We got SO much rain today, it was needed but it rained SO hard! I was at the grocery store and couldn't leave to go home until the rain stopped. Enjoy your evening dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

It would be good you would have some gentle rain then the irisses wouldn't be knocked down. Oh, all the things we wish LOL!
It is sometimes difficult to walk your dog when it is hot, but there isn;t always lawn colse to homes. Still pet owners could try to walk in the shade, is already something good.
Glad that with a pain pill you can do some crocheting again. Hopefully the pain will stay away.
I had a long sleep today too, couldn;t get to sleep very well last night and then woke up by some kind of horror dream about giant spiders! Don;t know where that came from.
Poor Sassy(and Deanne), crossing fingers that with some meds all will go and be well again very soon.

Just watched an episod of Gardener's World from this week, very interesting, and then made a potatoe salad for this evening(we will have spareribs with it, yummie).
Now it was time I thought to read your blog and surf a bit on internet about plants etc.

Have a lovely weekend, take care,
Hugs
Kyra

Sue said...

OH My, Edna, those beetles in the dog's mouth must be painful, I agree the pavement is hot and our furry friends should be protected both in summer and winter.
I hope you get the much needed rain, and sassy feels better, please give Pogo a hug from me.
I will be praying that you too feel better.
Blessings,
Sue

Beth Reed said...

OH Edna how horrible about the Asian beetles. We had them horribly when we lived in Arkansas. I am so grateful that my vet would always look in my dog Bandit's mouth. I just always thought that he was just checking his gums and teeth so now I know why. Thank you for sharing both of these pics because everyone needs to think of these fur babies in the winter and summer.
Right now our Ollie is cold natured. The air conditioner is to cold for him. He lounges in the sunshine and then comes back in when it becomes to hot.
Talk to you later. I am having sugar problems right now.. xxx