Tuesday, June 23, 2020

No Bread For The Ducks

June 23, 2020

Good morning.  Tis really quite lovely this morning.  73F degrees and sunny with temps headed for the upper eighties later today.  My phone app tells me to expect rain for the next several days.  Hmmm, I'll just have to wait and see.

Last night, I worked on the dark blue neck warmer.  It's almost finished.  I should have the matching hat finished in the next day or two, I hope.   That's going to be it for those sets for now.  After this, I need to get back to working on the Navy Blue afghan.  

Today I thought I'd share one of the new patterns that I got.  This might be a good project for next year.  It seems to be the new trend in vests lately.


I also ordered a really pretty baby dress pattern.  Sometimes these make a nice baby gift instead of a blanket.  I'll share a photo of the pattern once I receive it.

Lately, I seem to be having quite a bit of trouble sending emails from my phone to my laptop.  My phone is charged and supposedly there's nothing wrong with the email on my laptop so I'm not sure what is wrong.  Hopefully, this is going to get straightened out soon.

I know I've probably shared this image before, but it's worth sharing again.  Tis the season when folks enjoy going to the parks and feeding the ducks and geese.  It's important to feed them the right foods.


And here's another interesting, yet important, image.  This one is about spiders.  I know, yuk, yuk.  But not all spiders are bad.  Some are actually very helpful to us.


I'd best get going now because Deanne is on her way over here to do an errand for me.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Hi and Good Morning,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing the duck and spider information. When I was a little girl and even in my teens I would see the Golden Orb spiders. They were rea;;y beautiful and so were their webs. I haven't seen any in years. I wish I could see them again.

One of the reasons for your phone and email is that you might need to sync all of the devices that you want your email to go to. It should be in your settings on each device.
I am sorry but I cannot tell you the steps as I don't remember them when I do it but I just confirm when prompted but perhaps Kevin, Jazzy or Deanne might can tell you or show you how.

It is dark and gloomy here and I plan on reading and napping today.
Have a great day and I will call you a bit later. xxx

smiekeltje said...

Interesting thing that new pattern you have.
Good thing to post that warning of feeding the ducks. Everybody seems to think they like bread and that it is the right stuff for them. But..... it isn;t.
Oh, I am not really a spider fan, but they are useful, so if they don;t bother me, I will let them do their thing.
Today it was a good day, I did some grocerie shopping, then cooking our meal for the evening, cleaned the kitchen floor, and even contacted a company for the windows! They will contact me soon for an appointment.
We'll see what that brings. Oh, I did also feed the birds and deadheaded some plants. I am happy with myself today LOL.

Hope Deanne had time for a cup of coffee.

Stay safe and well,
have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

Beautiful vest, love the pattern! Thank you for sharing the info about ducks and spiders! Sometimes people just need to be reminded. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

Excellent advice on the spiders. We always let spiders alone. I remember those big orb weavers from when I was growing up in Florida -- we called them banana spiders. (I think they're the same thing...?)

My Tata's Cottage said...

I never kill Daddy Long Legs spiders! I always find a way to release them outside. We found another wasp nest so I hope the spiders eat them all. We did destroy it. I do not know one thing about wasps that is good. I am allergic.
It is always good to see you here. Have a great day! HUGS