Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Tiny Yellow Gift

June 17, 2020

Good morning.  Today is sunny and temps will get up close to eighty degrees.  I can see me doing my crocheting out on the porch later this morning.  The only negative to the porch is the pollen that has to be cleaned up every day before sitting out there.  

Yesterday, Deanne and I had a really nice visit.  She stopped by McDonalds and brought us cheeseburgers and fries.  And my favorite, ice coffee.!  I do love their ice coffee.  I haven't had anything from there in so long.  Yum, yum, delicious!

Before Deanne had to leave, we walked around to the other side of the house to see if my peonies had blossomed yet.  I have photos to share tomorrow.  Today, I have other photos to share.  On our way back to my porch, we stopped to talk with a neighbor who was sitting in the shade at the end of my driveway.

He had found a tiny bird on the sidewalk.  It could not fly, so he decided to take it home and take care of it until it could fly away.  I took photos to share.  I'm not sure what kind of bird this is.  I'm hoping that one of you might recognize it.  It's such a beautiful little bird.  (I thought they might be sparrows, but our sparrows aren't yellow.)




I called my doctor's office yesterday to see if they would phone in refills on a couple of my meds.  They said okay, but in reality they only refilled one of them.  When I called back to see why they did not refill the second one, I was told that it was discontinued a year ago.  Not so.  I told them when it was last refilled and was told that they would check this out.  So far, I have not heard back from them.  I'll call them again this morning when they open.

I had a question about my personal generator, so I'll have information about that on tomorrow's post.  I also have a photo of it that I can share.  

Today I need to put together a couple small packages that need to be mailed.  I also need to run the vacuum cleaner around a bit.  These dust bunnies are beginning to get quite sassy.  Plus, I still have these new flower bulbs that need to be planted.  They probably won't come up this year, but at least they will be planted.

Now I think I'll do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Steve Reed said...

What a cute bird! I don't know what kind it is, but the RSPB (a British bird protection organization) says baby fledglings should be left alone, even if they appear to young to fly. Apparently the parents are often nearby, and trying to care for the bird can do it more harm than good.

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/how-you-can-help-birds/injured-and-baby-birds/baby-birds/

I'm not sure whether it's better for your neighbor to put it back now or not...?

Susie said...

Such a sweet bird. I hope it will get to fly soon. Gosh I hate that you could not get both your meds filled. Such a bother. I always feel we should be able to get meds filled even if we have a two week supply...if it isn't some kind of pain med. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

Oh what a pretty little birdie! I love yellow:) Enjoy your day, now you have made me want McDonald's! HUGS!

Suemn said...

Such a cute little bird. I wonder if there's a wildlife place nearby that could offer to care for it.

smiekeltje said...

Don't know the bird. But could be good advice of Steve, although if the neighbor already has the birds for a few days, perhaps he can better try to feed it or bring it may be to a centre for astray birds?

Real bother with the prescriptions not filled in. Why they say at your docto's things that aren;t fact??? Those things aren;t nice, because you will have to go after it and try to solve it with the doctor's office. By now, they should know what medicins you use already for longer time, I guess.

Hopefully it will be solved soon.
That visit of Deanne sounds good and tasty! She is a sweetheart.
Hmmm, I too thought about the vacuum cleaner, but it will be for tomorrow. I went to the hairdresser, wow, that feels good. And on the way back I bought a few plants for the garden, so I was busy with that till now.

Glad you can enjoy your porch now, ony pity for that pollen, but ah, if that's all, you can live with it I think.

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a precious little bird! How CUTE! It's amazing to see one so close. Have a good day!