Friday, June 12, 2020

Delicately Aging

June 12, 2020

Good morning.  Tis really nice out right now, but in a few hours it will be in the eighties.  After that, we should be having a few days in the upper sixties and seventies.  Porch weather.  

Deanne just came by with my groceries.  God Bless her.  She has to go to work today too, but she still does my shopping so that I can stay safe at home.  While I was out on the porch talking with her, a mosquito bit my hand.  Dang!  The bugs are out in full force.  This is the only time I regret not being able to spray my yard.  However, I had to stop because it wasn't good for the birds and bees.  I don't think it was good for any of the small critters either.

My new TV Guide came in the mail yesterday and the front page story really caught eye.  It seems Perry Mason is being revived.  Alas, it won't be anything like the original Perry Mason.  None of the characters are like the original characters.  They don't even resemble them.  At least I got this much from the written article inside the magazine.  I was left very confused and not one bit interested in watching this new program.   It's just as well because it is on HBO and I don't subscribe to that station. 

Why in the world would they want to call it Perry Mason?  Couldn't they at least give it a new name?  Are they trying to spoil the wonderful memories that so many of us have of the original show?  Here are photos of the magazine cover and the photos inside with the article.




Folks, now I know I'm old.  This coming Monday my first grandchild, Bobby, turns forty years old.  He's Deanne and Eddie's first born.  And my first great grandchild has graduated from high school this year.  So what do the next twenty years have in store for me?  Maybe some great great grandchildren?  Oh my, I certainly hope so.  You know, these are the real perks of our senior years.  

On this happy note, I'm going to get me a bottle of cold water and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

8 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I wish I could be revived like Perry Mason and look younger than I ever did. I've begun to dislike filling in my details online as the drop-down lists for the year in which I was born demand more scrolling down than I would like!

Annsterw said...

I am sitting here with a cold bottle of water enjoying all of your posts! You are not old you are well-aged and it's wonderful to hear you're enjoying your days! Enjoy those grands and great-grands...my nieces are my breath!

The Queen Jester said...

I agree, why not a name change? It's different people and I'm sure different cases. It seems like so many shows and movies are just remakes of things I watched as a kid. I enjoyed it then, but is there no new creativity?

I'm noticing today that Blogger isn't allowing me to upload any photos. I hope it's just a glitch and will be fixed soon. I wrote up some posts, but didn't have the photos done yet.

Beth Reed said...

I know that the new Perry Mason doesn't hold much interest for me either. The old ones were my cup of tea and when I get in the mood to watch a old rerun I want the original.
Right now I am watching the old Twilight Zone reruns and Adam 12.

It has been so pretty here. Even tho it is in the 90's we haven't had much humidity so it has been nice.
I have already gotten new batteries for my mosquito catcher/swatter. The batteries do not last long enough for those wicked swarms but long enough!

You have a awesome weekend. Give Pogo lots of licks and loves and gentle hugs to you my sweet friend... xxxx

Theresa said...

Yes, the joys of getting older is having lots of Grands and Great-grands:) God bless your girl for bringing you groceries, she deserves a crown! My Sister Barbara is one of the biggest Perry Mason fans along with you! I don't think there should ever be another Perry Mason! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Ouch! Not nice to have a mosquito bite! Yes, spaying could help to get rid of them, but as you said, the insecticide isn;t good for the plants and all other critters. So perhaps some citronella perfume to put on the porch? I believe it keeps them away.
It's so sweet of Deanne to keep bringing your groceries so you can stay in and be safe. Bless her.
Here too they sometimes give a re-make of an old serie and most of the times it is no good. Specially if you watched the old version.
May be if you didn;t see it, it will be different, but re-makes are seldom of any good.
I am not happy today, yesterday I think I twisted something jut above the hip at the backside and it hurts when moving. Not just a bit, but ouchie! I had it before and it didn;t got away so the doctor gave me something for it. Now I will have to wait till Monday morning. It it is still the same I will phone him for an appointment and hopefully he can do something about it.
Jan having the thing at hospital and hopefully coming home the same day, I have to be in full swing, because he might be ordered not to use one arm for at least 3 days, so I just must be able to bend and walk without problems.
It always comes at bad times, when you just cannot have it!! Never nice but now very bad timing.
Well, we will get over it.

Today it is warm and rather sunny, which is a good thing.
Hopefully you will have good weather too for longer time.
Have a wonderful weekend , till Sunday!
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

I sure wish I had a front yard porch. I do have a very nice back yard for sitting out so I guess I can't complain:) I hope you have a very nice weekend.

Steve Reed said...

I hadn't heard that about Perry Mason! I agree, it's hard to "reboot" a show and have the new version win over fans of the old one. We're too set in our ways! But maybe younger people, who aren't familiar with the Raymond Burr show, will take to it. Matthew Rhys is a terrific actor so if anyone can do it, he can.