Monday, June 8, 2020

Iris, Goddess Of The Rainbow (Greek)

June 8, 2020

Good morning.  It's really nice today.  Sunny with temps getting up into the upper seventies.  This is what I call the perfect weather.  

Yesterday turned out not to be a very good day for napping.  I yawned all day long, but no naps came.  I did try.   One would think that I would have fallen into a deep sleep by the time last night rolled around, but that did not happen either.  I guess I was just too tired to fall asleep and too tired to do anything else.  Eventually, I did get some patchy sleep.  

Deanne's little dog, Sassy, isn't doing very well.  She hasn't been eating or drinking anything for several days, and the doctors don't know what is wrong with her.  Last night, she finally managed to eat a doggie treat.   Deanne just texted me that Sassy ate a little strained baby food this morning.  Woo Hoo!  I'm praying this is good news!  

Yesterday I promised some photos of my iris plants.  Here are photos of a huge orange one and a huge caramel colored one. 




There aren't many blooms on my rhododendron bush but what is there is beautiful.


Maybe today I'll walk around to the other side of the yard to see if there are any other new blooms.  I'll have to wait for the grass to dry first so that my feet and legs don't get soaked.  My grass needs to be mowed.

I haven't had my morning coffee yet, so I think I'll go make that and then settle in to do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Don't you just hate it when you are tired but sleep just will not come? I have those days too. Your flowers are gorgeous! I just love those irises. Everything is so pretty. Hope you have a good day today.

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful irises! Those are bearded irises, I think. We don't have any of those, though we have two irises of a different type. Flower photos are always nice!

wisps of words said...

Perfect weather here today, also!!!

Your flowers are beautiful!!!

If you go walking through grass, which needs to be cut, look out for ticks, when you come back in. Your state has ticks. Well, so does mine. Ughhhh....

I often am so tired, when I go to bed... Then can't fall asleep right away. And I don't mean tired, from doing a lot. I mean, I just "wind down," when the sun goes down. Really look forward to bed. Get in and.....tossssss.

Not running over worries, in my mind. Just-can't-fall-right-asleep. But I do in not too long, so I guess I shouldn't complain. -smile-

Gentle hugs...

smiekeltje said...

Oh poor Sassy(and Deanne!). But let's hope that the tiny little start of eating something is a good sign.

The irisses are beautiful, as well as the rhododendron.

Well, you didnt get a good nap and not a good night's sleep. May be tonight you will be able to sleep well. Me too, this night, wasn;t too good. I did catch a bit of sleep, but also had a very weird dream, so in the morning I didn;t feel rested at all.
I don;t know what it is, but I hope it will pass and we all will be able to catch some good and sound sleep even if it is for an hour or 4-5.

Perhaps there is a good soul among your tenants who could do a bit of mowing? Or may be a grandson?????
I am sure somebody will do the job.

You have a lovely day(glad you finally have some good weather, and hoorray here too it is getting better and better!).
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

I hope Sassy gets her appetite back! Your flowers are beautiful! I just love all of those blooms, makes me smile:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The yellow irises are lovely ,even if short lived blooms. We had a lot of purple ones growing in the little riverside park near our apartment, but they have all bloomed out and gone this week. Hope that Sassy is feeling better soon.