Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Woo Hoo! Finally, A Red Tomato!

July 13, 2021

Good morning.  Today is going to be overcast with temps in the low seventies.   Tomorrow the warmer temps will be back.  I have two weather apps on my phone.  One of them says we have more rain coming this week, and the other one says we have no rain coming for a while.  Amazing!

I do have good news today.  Finally, I have a red tomato!  Woo Hoo!  This photo is a bit blurry because there is a net covering the whole plant.  The photo was taken yesterday, and you can see that it had been raining.

This one is a cherry tomato.  The other plant has bigger tomatoes, and some of them should be turning red soon.  Woo Hoo!  It sounds crazy to get excited about a tomato, but I've been planting them every year and so far I haven't been able to eat any of them.  I almost did last year, but when I picked the tomato and brought it in the house I saw the teeth marks on it.  

By the way, I found this tip online and thought I would share it.  The article said to sprinkle baking soda over the soil around the tomatoes and it would make bigger and sweeter fruit.  Hmmm, I'll need to try this next year.

For some reason, I did not get much sleep during the night.  Tomorrow's stress test is weighing heavy on my mind.  I know it shouldn't, but it's not something I'm looking forward to.  I'll be glad to see Thursday get here.

I've decided to send the pocket wraps to my cousin and her hubby early.  We'll call it Christmas in July.  I want them to have them before the really cold evenings get here.  Us older folks feel the cold more now than we did when we were younger.

Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  Then it will be time for lunch.  I'm thinking of making a ham and cheese sub sandwich.  Mmmmm!  So, till Thursday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Suemn said...

Wishing you best of luck on your stress test. That cherry tomato looks delicious:)

Rita said...

Good luck with your stress test. I am not looking forward to my MRI on Friday, either and will be glad when that is behind me, too. ;) I hope you get some tomatoes this year. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Woo Hoo indeed on that first red tomato, Edna, and may there may more to follow. The tip about baking soda was interesting and I wondered if you could still do that vs waiting until next year as you said. Hope all goes well with the stress test. We all tend to get anxious before any test and are always glad when it is over.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We ate our first homegrown tomato of the season yesterday, it was so delicious !
Enjoy yours :)
~Jo

smiekeltje said...

What a happy sight, to see yur colouring tomatoe! And more coming up. Fantastic.
I am a bit late visiting your blog, yesterday we were busy in the house, and finished with that, just happy to sit and I didn;t get much sleep last night.
Well, today all measuremants are taken for the curtains, so that is done too.
Think it is a good idea to make it Christmas in july for your cousin.

Hope your test wasn't too exhausting.

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Anne M Robinson said...

The baking soda tip sounds great too. My husband dislikes the breathing test. The first time he had one he nearly fainted. Pesky pests always trying to steal ove rgarden treats.

Steve Reed said...

Yay tomato!