Sunday, July 4, 2021

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

July 4, 2021

Good morning.  Happy Fourth of July!  We've had a lot of rain lately, but today is turning out truly beautiful.  My tomatoes are loving the warm temps and all the rain.  They are still green, but there are lots of them. 

This is the weekend when there are lots of fireworks displays.  Please remember to keep your pets safe.


There's not much happening here.  Deanne came by with a few things that she picked up for me at the market.  What would I do without her?  She also took pics of some of my lilies.  




My beautiful Irises did not do well this year, at least not so far.  But the lilies are doing just fine.  I haven't been sitting out these past few days.  It's been too wet and cool.  Dryer days are coming so I'll be able to get back out on my porch.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying a lot of re-runs on TV.  I need to get back to my crocheting too.  I've been neglecting it lately.  Every now and then I do take a break from it.   I also have to start working on my next blog book.  I have a nice coupon, but I think it runs out soon.  This afternoon, I'll pick out the photos for the front and back covers.

Now I'm heading for my kitchen to make a cup of coffee and some brunch.  Then I'll catch up on some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Sorry to hear you had too wet and cold weather to have a break on the porch. A bit of sunshine will do also good to the tomatoes(and to you)
Your lilies look beautiful. We have another sort of lilies and they bloom like mad. I will try to make soon a photo of it.

A break now and then on crocheting does no harm too. I have those moments with the knitting too.

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

I have lost many plants the past twp years. Sigh...your lillies are so lovely. I have deep red and orange ones. They are still opening up. ALways good sharing the fireworks safety rules. Nick's friend is a police officer, he said he had to write 6 tickets for illegal fireworks. Our dogs and cats were petrified. Rebekah said next year we must remember to sprinkle the calming powder on their food. Poor babies.