Friday, July 30, 2021

Chirp, Chirp

July 30, 2021

Good morning.  My goodness, only two days of July left!  The year is starting to fly again.  It won't be long before I'll be doing a countdown to Spring again.  However, we still have three months of good weather to enjoy first.

Last night, we finally got a bit of rain.  Not much though.  It came down fast and heavy, and was gone in a few minutes.  Of course, it waited until after I had gone out and watered the plants.  

I seem to have a new sleep pattern that has me waking up wicked early every morning.   So, this morning I decided to type my post early in case I'm napping later this morning.  At the moment, I'm watching a TV ad for the Singing Bird clock.  Nope, I did not buy it, but I do enjoy hearing all the different birds chirping.  It would be a great way to learn how to recognize these birds without seeing them.

I finally finished sewing the last pocket on the pink wrap.  I don't know why it takes me so long to do this except that sewing them on is not my favorite part of the project.  I'm noticing lots of new patterns popping up now for pocket wraps, both knitted and crocheted.  

Yesterday, my open Hibiscus flowers were only open halfway.  Is this because the sun was not shining?  I did not know that they did this.  I'll have to keep a closer eye on them to see if this is what is happening.  The blossoms are gorgeous!

Here's an interesting stain removal chart that I found online and thought you might like.

Now I'm going to make some breakfast before settling down to some blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

My mom had that same bird clock!

smiekeltje said...

Rain often waits until we have watered our plants!It's very wicked, LOL

And yes, Hibiscus blooms cloes a bit when there is no sun, it seems that more flowers do so than we know.(If i were a flower I think I would do the same)

I also have trouble with last bit finishing of projects, like crocheting pieces of afghnas together, or something like that.
Of course I do it, but it always takes some time for me to really start that.

What a funny clokc that is. It could indeed be a great thing for kids.

Well I just had a nap but it didn;t help much for my headache I have today. So I took a paracetamol now and it will go away slowly.
Have , perhaps, a nice nap and also lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

Laurel Wood said...

Hard to believe July is almost over. I have seen the bird clock before.lllli love listening to the birdsong out my window each morn. I hope your hibiscus will open fully soon. It figures it would rain AFTER you watered your plants! I wish you a nice weekend. Mildred

Theresa said...

I just wrote about the end of July and a new month. It sure seems like the months fly by really fast. I also watered everything yesterday and the rain came last night for a double dose of watering. The rain is the best for the plants. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!