Monday, July 26, 2021

New Blooms

July 26, 2021

Good morning.  Tis going to be hot today and tomorrow.  I was hoping for some rain for today but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  

This morning on Sewing With Nancy (TV) the topic was how to fix your pattern to fit your own measurements.  It was quite interesting, and would have been so handy to know many years ago when I used to make my own clothes.  I don't sew anymore, but I do enjoy watching this program.

My beautiful Hibiscus plant will be blooming again soon.  It has lots of new buds.  Here's a photo I took yesterday.  Pretty soon this plant will be needing a new, bigger pot.


It was rather warm during the night so I didn't get a lot of sleep.  Every now and then I would get up and crochet a row or two or do a "word find" puzzle.  The TV programs during the night are rather good, crime stories and game shows.  So it's easy to keep occupied when I'm not sleeping.   

I found this wicked funny cartoon on the web and just had to share it here.  I hope it gives you a nice case of giggles to start your day.


Now I'm going to make a cup of coffee and some breakfast.  Then we'll see what will be for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

6 comments:

Theresa said...

I have trouble sleeping sometimes, I should just get up and watch TV too. My Hibiscus has bloomed a lot this year and still has buds yet to open. They are SO pretty! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

Funny cartoon -- I can definitely identify, having gone through that with Olga pretty frequently. :) Your hibiscus is looking great!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your hibiscus should be lovely when in bloom, Edna, as it looks very healthy in the photo posted. yes, it will be a hot day in NH as well and we already have windows closed and s/c on. It was very hazy when we looked at the windows early a.m. so not a good sign of the next couple of days. Rain is forecast for midweek with cooling temps to follow. Whenever I wake and can't fall back to sleep, I also try to do something and usually can tire myself out again.

smiekeltje said...

I love hibiscus blooms. We were once in Malta and there they just grew along the road, almost trees-like!
I never made any clothes for myself, my mother did sometimes when we were kids, and she knitted a lot of dresses in beautiful lace patterns.

Sorry you didn;t have much of sleep last night. May be today somewhere a little nap can do you some good.

we had rain this morning and in the evening it might come back(also some thinder there was).

Have a woderful day, take care
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

I loved the funny you posted today. Dogs...:)

Beth Reed said...

I loved the cartoon. How many times has that happened to us lol. My little Cisco hated the rain but Jonathan would cover him with a Umbrella so he wouldn't get wet. Never mind Jonathan getting soaked lol.
Your hibiscus is going to be lovely and I am in love with your lilies and other blooms. They are so pretty.
We are battling the heat and the smoke from the wildfires. It's been crazy around here. Hugs my friend. I will try and call you soon. xoxoxoxoxo