Friday, July 16, 2021

Tis Hot And Humid

July 16, 2021 

Good morning.  Today is going to be a hot one with temps in the low nineties.  Not a great day to go out, but I do have a doctor appointment this afternoon.  Thank goodness my car has air conditioning.  

Last night was really warm and not a great night for sleeping.  The air was very humid all night.  I was hoping that tonight would be a lot cooler, but my phone app says that temps will be in the low seventies all night.  

Yesterday, I did do a bit of crocheting on the pocket wraps.  They each now have less than twenty rows left to be done.  At this rate, they'll be done soon.  I'll be needing to pick out a new project soon,

Today I have photos of some of Deanne's beautiful roses.  


And here's one of my gorgeous lilies.  These never fail to put on a colorful show.

A lot of my roses bloomed and went by.  I'm hoping that they will bloom again soon.  It's been a strange year for the gardens.  

How is your state doing with the Covid situation?  Most states have been trying to reopen everything, but there are still too many unvaccinated folks, so the virus keeps ramping up.  I'm sure there are other reasons why we can't shake this virus, but it would help if we had more folks vaccinated than unvaccinated.  At least I think it would.

There's no news today.  Hopefully, I'll get some good news from my bloodwork and breathing test.  That will make for a nice weekend.  Now I'm off to get ready for my appointment.  Later this afternoon, I'll catch up on some blog reading.  

So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It's no good when it is humid and very warm at night, makes it difficult to sleep. Warmer temps at day is okay(if only not too high), but at night it should cool off quickly, for better sleep.
Oh well, we;ll have to do with what the weather brings us.
Deanne's roses look beautiful, as well as your lily.
Hope it wil not be too hot when you go for your doctor's appointment.
Have a small icecream when coming home, a small guilty pleasure you can have.

Covid here is ramping up again, althogh there are auite some people vaccianted, but still not enough to have really good effect I guess Probably government did let loose most measurements may be a bit too soon and too quick, Who knows?

I still am careful when going into supermarket, I then wear a mask and wash hands as soon as coming home.

We made it a very easy day today, and it felt real good.
Time for a bit of tv now, later on a cup of coffee.
Have a beautiful day, \
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I'm with you on the vaccines. Hopefully more people will get them and we can nip this virus in the bud. And speaking of buds, our roses have been resting as well, but we've deadheaded the old blooms and some new buds have appeared. Hopefully yours will bloom again too! We have that same day lily variety!

Anne M Robinson said...

Beautiful flowers. We are melting in the heat. Always good to see you here.