Monday, July 12, 2021

To Mail Or Not To Mail

July 12, 2021

Good morning.  It's raining here, but later it will be sunny with temps in the seventies.  Just perfect!  I wonder if we can turn this rain into a nice snow storm for Wednesday?  That would be nice.  I'm not looking forward to the breathing (stress) test. 

On a brighter note, let me share a cute photo of Clyde enjoying a slice of watermelon.  Isn't he just the cutest?  


 Today I get to watch Law & Order re-runs on WE TV.  Every now and then, I'll switch over and watch one or two game shows, then back to crime.  I'll even crochet a few more rows on the pocket wraps.  They each have less than forty rows to go before I make the pockets.

I did call my cousin Anita, and she is feeling a lot better.  Thank you, thank you.  Anita is really very spunky, and I want to have her in my life for a long long time.  Here's a recent photo of my cousin Anita.

Lately I'm trying to decide whether I should wait till December to mail Christmas gifts to Anita and Ray, or if I should send them now.  At our age, the holidays don't always wait for us.  I'm leaning toward mailing the package early.  I made them each a pocket wrap and I want them to be able to enjoy them.  What do you think?

Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  After that, I have dishes waiting to be washed.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

No, I don;t think there will be a snow storm on Wednesday. I know those breathing stress tests and I don;t like them either.Hopefully after you've done it, you can quickly forget about it.
Clyde is marvellous.

Hmm, dilemma about the gifts for Anita and Ray. I understand your thinking. Perhaps send them now, telling them it is actually their Christmas present, but why you give it now. And you always can send a card with Christmas(or perhaps a small package with some chocolate or something like that?)

I am glad to hear Anita is feeling much better.

Have a nice day with watching some game shows and crime. Good to watch while crocheting.
Big hug
Kyra

Suemn said...

Edna, I think you should mail the Christmas packages early. Remember last year and how long it took for some of your packages to be delivered? Clyde is a cutie for sure!

Buttercup said...

Glad Anita is feeling better. I'd wait a little bit to mail her Christmas gift until it's a little cooler. I am starting to think about gift giving -- I like to do a little at a time -- and may be sending a few in the fall. Have a great day.

Rita said...

I haven't had a guinea pig around for decades but you never forget their purry chirping and squeaky squeals. My son had one, also, that looked similar to yours. :)

My Tata's Cottage said...

Clyde is a cutie. I have a watermelon we need to cut up. So good, we had it cubed in large pans for Hannah's birthday bash, boy was it a big hit. The weather is wild lately. My kids said Buffalo was flooding and NYC too. My friend Lorna is having thyroid surgery tomorrow. Please pray. Thank you. HUGS to you