Sunday, July 18, 2021

Delicious!

July 18, 2021

Good morning.  We had a thunderstorm roll through here very early this morning.  At 4:50 a.m. there was a loud crash of thunder, then the skies opened up and the rain was coming down so heavy at times you almost could not see through it.  Twenty minutes later it stopped.

Not much new going on here.  I did finish the two pocket wraps, and I made all the pockets.  I just have to sew the pockets on to the wraps.  Now I'll have to give some serious thought to the next project.  I suppose I could work on the yellow afghan that I started over a year ago.  That should keep me busy till I come up with a new project.

I finally got to pick my first tomatoes.  Only one was a deep red, so I sent it home to Clyde.  I ate the other two.  Yum!   

Today, Deanne and Eddie stopped by and picked me a tomato off the other plant.  When the sun comes out again, I think I'll have me a whole bumper crop to pick.  Maybe next year I can plant a cucumber plant too.

I had the appointment with my heart doctor on Friday.  It was a good visit.  I do like this doctor.  Except for occasional blood work, I'm all set now with the doctors until the middle of October. 

Here's another interesting chart that I found on the web.  It's interesting to see how the price of the milk varies from state to state.  What about that Illinois price?  Is it real?


Now I'm off to catch up on some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

What a lovely tomatoes. I bet Clyde was happy.
It's good you had some rain, nature will be happy with it.
Gosh you are suddenly quick with the pocket wraps.
Aways difficult to choose a new project, isn;t it? It also depends on the yarn you still have, or you see something nice but need new yarn, hahahaha.
Have a great harvest today of your tomatoes, could make a sandwich with them with a little bit of pepper and salt on it, I ike that.

Happy for you the heart doctor's visit was okay and it is important you like the doctor. Hoorray, all done till October.

Have a marvellous day,
Hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

I'm not sure where in NY state a gallon of milk is $1.95. Anywhere near me a quart of milk is about that price. Need to do some more milk price research and report back. Take care and have a great week. Keep cool.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting map of milk prices. I agree the Illinois price seems unlikely. Maybe it's wholesale? The Connecticut price seems low, too, although I think some states regulate milk prices to keep milk available for poorer kids.

Theresa said...

I have so many tomatoes, we can't eat them all so I am sharing with family. Yours will start coming more and more with the rain and sun. It's just the two of us so I never buy a gallon of milk:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

My Tata's Cottage said...

We bought a basket of cherry tomatoes at the farmers market last wekeend. We ate almost the whole thing ont he ride home hahahaha. Love those sweet tomatoes. YUM! I buy the half gal unless we di lots of cooking and make breakfast with biscuits and gravy. We always seem to cook for a crowd. Loved your map of info. THANK YOU