Thursday, July 1, 2021

Welcome Another New Month

 July 1, 2021

Good morning.  We had lots of thunder and rain late yesterday afternoon and evening.  Today, it is quite lovely outside with sunshine and temps in the mid seventies.  It is rather muggy though, but still the cooler temps feel wonderful.  

It's a new month, and here's the July page from my calendar. 

There's no news today so I'll post a couple photos that Deanne took of one of the swan families at our park.  This family has seven little ones and they all look pretty healthy.


Lately, it's even getting harder to open the water bottles.  I think they are being put on much tighter.  (haha)  So, I ordered a package of round rubber discs to use for opening bottles and jars.  These work really well.

According to my phone app, we have another big temperature drop coming and lots of rain.  We can use both.  However, my phone app isn't always correct.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Now I'm going to have a cup of coffee and do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Unbelievable that it's already July!
Glad temperatures are lower in your area now, we had another day of perhaps 16C, sometimes a little rain, not really great.
Lovely photos of the swan family.

Oh,hope now you really can open water bottles and other jars much easier with the rubber discs.

Have a wonderful day, (is it already weather to have a seat on the porhc?)
Hug
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

Hi Edna,
What are the name of those rubber discs because I need some lol. I think that your right that they are putting lids on tighter than they use too. I just looked up jar openers on Amazon and ordered a pack but they don't seem to have the nubs on them that the photo of yours does. Oh well anything will help especially with my hand.

We are in the Sierras and as the clouds form over the mountains they break up but it really looks like it is going to pour down any minute now and I for one wish that it would. We got some sprinkles last night. My son Nathan told me that we are going to be in the heat of summer for a while now and that thinking of 70 degree days is a dream for a while to come.

I just love the swans and her family. Such Blessings.... Love you and I enjoyed our phone call today. xoxoxoxo

Theresa said...

I have some of those rubber thingies and use them often:) We are expecting rain today and a beautiful 4th of July weekend. I pray you have nice days ahead. HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, I agree that those water bottle caps can be tricky to remove, Edna. In the past, I have used larger versions of what you showed in this post to remove caps from larger jars. Usually, they work great and other times running the top under warm water worked better😀 It’s a rainy day here in NH as well and blog reading, ebook reading and some laundry are my plans for the day. Happy 🇺🇸💥weekend to you, my friend.