Thursday, July 15, 2021

Hello Thursday!

July 15, 2021

Good morning.  It's looking beautiful outside my door this morning.  The sun is shining and temps will reach the low eighties this afternoon.  A perfect summer day.

Yesterday's breathing test is over and done with.  Thank heavens!  I had mistakenly thought it was going to be a stress test.  I was glad to be wrong.  And I was very glad when the breathing test was over.  Hopefully, tomorrow I'll get the results of how I did.  I see my heart doctor tomorrow.  

This weekend I'll have to uncover my tomato plants to see if any are ready to be picked.  I know there are two red cherry tomatoes.  I'll offer the first ones to Clyde.  There will be plenty to go around.  

I found a really interesting article on the web.  Ever wonder where all the cute fabrics came from that our Moms used to make our clothes?

The caption for this photo reads:   "1939.  Kansas Wheat.  When they realized women were using their sacks to make clothes for their children, the mills started using flowered fabric for their sacks so the kids would have pretty clothes.  Pure kindness.  The label would wash out."

Here's another interesting image that I found on the web.  This would have been helpful when everyone was planting their gardens.  I'd keep it handy for next year.

Today is going to be a quiet day for me.  I'm going to work on the pocket wraps for a while, then have me a little nap.  There's a good chance that I can finish both of these wraps by the end of this month.  That would be nice.  

Now I'm going to get a fresh bottle of cold water and read some blogs.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Good the breathing test was "just" breathing and not the stress test. It's quite a difference. Hope all results will be good enough.
And it is today then a good day to take a rest, a nap always does some good and then just take it all easy.
That poster with the remedies for bugs is insteresting. Levender is a very good thing, and I have some in my garden. Mint is nice(you can use it for making some tea) but best is then to grow in pots, because it is very invasive!

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Wow! What a nice gesture of the Kansas Wheat company to provide pretty patterned fabric that would make a little girl happy to wear the dress made from it.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I sure love those helpful plant tips. We have had somewhat better temps. I like the cooler weather but no snow. HeeHeeHee...

Theresa said...

Thanks for the tips on natural repellants. I have lots of mint around my garden, I think deer don't like the smell! So far so good with that. We have tomatoes GALORE! I am so thankful that they are plentiful, I hope your plants will give you lots of the tastiness! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

We've used lavender sachets to keep moths out of our dresser drawers and closets. Chrysanthemums appear to be an all-purpose bug repellent! (There's a pesticide, I think it's pyrethrin, that actually comes from chrysanthemums.)