Thursday, July 22, 2021

Still Lots Of Blossoms

July 22, 2021

Good morning.  Yesterday was supposed to have a lot of rain (according to my phone app) but that did not happen.  However, we did get a nice little downpour during the night.  Short, but nice.  Today is looking really nice.  It's supposed to be sunny all day with temps in the upper seventies.  Super nice!

I seem to be in a "no crochet" funk lately.  It happens every now and then.  I'll be fine as soon as I decide on a new project.  Of course, I could always make another pocket wrap or two and put them in my Christmas tote.  Hmmm, I just might do that.  

Today I have a grocery order being delivered.  I just checked my email and so far they have not said that they are out of any of the items on my order.  I hope it stays that way.  Deanne will be stopping by after work to help me put it all away.  What would I do without her?  I've been blessed.

Tomorrow I get to take Deanne and her best friend, Caroline, out to lunch at Olive Garden for their birthdays that were earlier this month.  (July 2)  This is a photo of these girls two years ago on their birthday.  (left - Caroline, right - Deanne)

Today I have photos of some of the blossoms in my yard.  Yellow and white lilies, and Rose of Sharon.



There are lots of other blossoms, but I'll save them for another post.  One plant I'd like to add to my yard is the honeysuckle vine.  Hummingbirds and butterflies love it and I think it's beautiful.  

Earlier, I bought the "Picture This" app.  Now I have to try to learn how it works.  I've tried once and failed miserably.  I was really hoping it would be easy, but no soap.  

Now I think I'll get a bottle of cold water and enjoy a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I know you three will enjoy the birthday lunch. I like when it rains overnight and the days are sunny and cooler! Have a blessed day. Mildred

Suemn said...

I love the flower photos you posted today. That Rose of Sharon is absolutely beautiful. Deanne is a treasure and loves you for sure. I planted a few milkweed seeds in my backyard a few years ago as Monarch butterflies like them. They are in an area of the garden behind my garage in the backyard. I found they are propagating quite a bit so am digging some of them out of the garden.

smiekeltje said...

So you have the good part of the weather in America. Saw news of all the fires on the East Coast.

if you are not in crochet mood, leave it for a moment. The eagerness will come back if you know what will be the next projext, I guess.

Yes Deanne is wonderful for you. Nice of her to come to help arraging the groceries. And real nice of you to invite her and her best friend for lunch. You all will have a great time I ams sure.

Your flowers ook beautiful and a honeysuckle vine is great, you have many different ones, but most of them are easy to handle, they just need a little bit of pruning every now and then, but they can smell delicious!
Would be good near your porch.

Found you a link with tutorial for using the plant app.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Peg7k_OvH2o
May be it helps.

Now time for me to sit on the couch, watching some tv and knit a little bit too.
Have a lovely day,
Hug'Kyra

Rita said...

I am blessed to have my DIL Leah help me with things, too. She's an angel! Lovely flowers. Have fun with the birthday girls! :)

Susie said...

Edna, Enjoy your outing tomorrow. Be safe. I loved your flowers. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

Oh how I love seeing the blooms! My favorite thing about being outside in my yard, seeing what's blooming. I think yesterday may have been the first day in some time with NO rain. I hope you all have a wonderful lunch at the Olive Garden. I have a gift card from Christmas that I need to use, thanks for the reminder! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

I hope you figure out "Picture This." I really like it!