Friday, July 9, 2021

Here Comes Elsa!

July 9, 2021

Good morning.  We are still having tropical storm warnings, but so far the storm hasn't hit us.  My phone app says that we have lots of rain coming.  I have my little generator fully charged, so I'm ready.  Hopefully, the storm will come and go, leaving no damage behind in its path.

I switched the TV over to the Weather Channel this morning, but there was no sound on that channel.  I just checked, and they have since recovered the sound.  We are still under storm warning, and flood warning.  

I just went out on to the porch to check, and it is raining.  The storm has been in, and now out of, New York, and is headed right to us.  The weather forecaster says that the rain will be out of here by later this afternoon.  The bad news is that there is more rain behind all of this that is headed our way.  Ah well, we were asking for some rain.  

Yesterday, Deanne picked me up after work and we went to Dairy Queen for a delicious ice cream sundae.  I ordered a medium strawberry sundae.  YUM YUM!!!  Deanne had a pineapple sundae.

On the way home, we went through the park to see the swan families.  Oh my, the babies have grown so big!  And, they are all so healthy looking!  Here's a photo of one of the families.  This pair of swans have seven youngsters.  Aren't they beautiful!

I wonder, once all the little swans have finished growing up, where do they go?  Will they stay on our ponds or will they go somewhere else to make a new home?

Tomorrow I have an appointment to have bloodwork done.  Then during the week, I'll be having a breathing test.  On this one, wish me luck.  I did not do so well the last time I had one.  Then I see my heart doctor again.  Hopefully, that's it for quite a while.

Here's a pretty image that I borrowed from the web.  I love cardinals.  And the message is powerful.  It doesn't cost anything to say a few kind words to someone.  Try it.  I bet you'll like it.

That's my news for today.  Now I'm going to make a cup of coffee and do some blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all say safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.  

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

So till now you stayed rather sade from the storm.Let's hope you will not get a big load of rain, just enough to make the greenery happy.
Yummie, that icecream must have been delicious.
Hope all your helth tests will be good, specially the breathing opne(that's always a difficult and strenuous one.
And let's cross fingers that after those no more test will be needed.

Jan and I went for the curtains and we found beuatiful ones(in our opinion). The man will come Thursday for taking measures.

It was quite an excursion for Jan, so now he is taking a nap.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.
Hugs
Kyra

Rita said...

I love watching the birds. Hope you don't get a bad storm or any flooding or damage. And also that you will be done with doctor visits soon. :)

Steve Reed said...

I hope Elsa doesn't dump too much rain on you!

Theresa said...

We have had rain almost daily and sometimes more than once. NOT heavy, just steady rain. All of the rain is making my tomato plants heavy. The swans are gorgeous! So many baby swans, they are too cute and are growing. I pray that your doctor visits and results are all good! Have a blessed and beautiful day, hopefully rain free:) HUGS!

Suemn said...

Aww Edna, I wish the best for you on your doctor appointments. I hope all tests come back better than the last time you had them. Thank you for sharing the pictures of the swans and the cardinal. Wish we would get some rain. Our lawns are still yellow and the only thing green are the weeds of course. ha!

Anne Robinson said...

We have had heat. Glad you are safe according to the previous post. The swans are so beautiful. Where our baby Rachel is buried, there is a little pond with a little bridge and swans swim there. I do wonder where they go too. Enjoy this new week and take care. HUGS and LOVE