Sunday, July 25, 2021

Weeds

July 25, 2021

Good morning.  No sun this morning.  My phone app says we should have a speck of rain this morning, and again later today.  That would be nice because my plants are wanting a drink.  Of course, if it doesn't rain, I'll go out and water them.  So we'll see.

I finally sewed the pockets on to the red pocket wrap.  One down, one to go.  I'll sew the pockets on the pink one today.   I've got about thirty five rows done on each of the two new wraps.  They are really looking nice.

Friday afternoon, us girls went to The Olive Garden for lunch.  Mmmm! Mmmm!  Here are two photos that we took outside the restaurant.  First photo - Deanne, Me, Caroline.  Second photo - Jazzy, Me, Deanne.


The food was great, and we had a fun visit.  I'm thinking we need to do it again.

Does anyone know the name of this plant?  I've been looking it up in my books, but I haven't found it yet.   I did find a plant on Google that looks like it but I'm not sure.  (Creeping Bellflower)

The write-ups on Google were not favorable to this plant.  It was called noxious and invasive, and there was lots of information on how to get rid of it.  To be honest, I think it's beautiful. 

I looked up weeds on Google.  I found an interesting article listing several of the most noxious weeds.  For each weed, information was given on why it was so bad and how to eradicate it from your property.  Then the nutritional and medicinal values were listed.  How can the plant be so bad that you must destroy it when it can be eaten and/or used as medicine?  

Sunday morning's TV offerings aren't very interesting (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Nature Cat, etc) so I end up watching the kids' programs.  To be honest, these programs are really interesting and fun to watch.  The 2020 Olympics are on but I'm not really interested. I don't enjoy watching sports on TV anymore either.  Too many politics involved.

"Making The Cut" is back on  (Amazon Prime) so I'm going to watch that today.  There are two episodes each week.   I love watching these folks create beautiful clothes.  Well, not all the clothes are beautiful to me, but the creativity is.

Now I'm off to make some breakfast and a cup of coffee.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

You see. that luch was a good idea and yes, why not repeat it one day ?
What lovely photos and a good memory.

I looked it up and think the flower is Campanula rapunciloides L, or creeping bellflower. Yes, they are pretty, I have the low, creeping ones in the garden too, but yes, they can be quite invasive. Once there, hard to get rid of them completely. But if they become too much, remove some , if possible with roots(which is the harder part LOL). But the bees seem to love them.

Found it on plantnet online with your photo.

Okay, time for little Mah-jong on the latop and then it will be dinner time.

Have a beautiful day,
Hugs
Kyra

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a lovely time together with the girls :)
I'm partial to many beautiful weeds growing around the garden, my Grandpa Ott morning glory vine is one that I have posted today, in many countries like Australia it is banned.
Have yourself a wonderful Sunday Ms. Edna.
~Jo

Steve Reed said...

Great pictures from the Olive Garden! I haven't been to an OG in ages, but I used to go a lot years ago. I wonder if we even have one in London...?

If I had to guess I'd say that plant is some type of campanula. I agree with you about "weeds" -- I have a high tolerance for weeds and some of them I downright enjoy.

Laurel Wood said...

I love the photos you shared from your lunch party at Olive Garden, Yes, I think you should do that again soon. I believe that is campanula or bell flower too. Here is a link and it was fun to read that the flower represents love and affection!
https://garden.lovetoknow.com/bellflower
Have a peaceful night. Mildred