Monday, July 19, 2021

Just A Little Rant About Social Security

July 19, 2021

Good morning.  We had a bit of rain during the night, and it's raining this morning.  I just checked, and my yellow lilies are still standing.  I thought the rain might have knocked them down.  This photo was taken a couple days ago.  They still look very much like this.

Am I the only person to notice that TV has been shoving Medicare ads down our throats constantly for almost a year now?  I wonder why.  I don't remember it being this way in the past.  I also wonder who or what is paying for all these TV ads.  

The ads state that depending on which state you live in, you might be eligible for some extra benefits.  When did Social Security start being a state by state thing?  I thought it was federal.  I'm also curious why some retired actors and sports figures are eligible for these new benefits when a lot of low income elderly are not eligible.   (I guess depending on the state they live in)

Maybe Social Security should put out a booklet describing exactly what benefits there are and who is eligible for them.  This booklet should be given to every person on Social Security.  And they should cut back on a lot of the TV ads.  There are so many of them that they are really annoying.  Sigh....I guess I have a lot more to learn.

Enough of my mini rant!  Today will be quiet.  I've decided to make a meat sauce.  I'm a pasta person, so I'll enjoy the pasta more than the meatloaf.  I also want to look through my yarn stash to see if I have a color that temps me to start a new project.  

Here's a lovely thought for today.  Smiling is so easy to do and can bring so much happiness to people.  (and to animals too)  Image borrowed from web.

Now I'm off to make a hot cup of coffee and do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Angelicastar said...

Be ware because Medicare and social security is not the insurer. Those are insurance companies eligible to offer the plans. You won't have social security medicare any more if you join them and they might not be accepted by your medical provider. They call themselves medicare advantage programs.

smiekeltje said...

Okay, our Social security is for the country, but it is hard to figure who can have what benefit and when, because all is depending on........ fill in a form, or two, or more.
Somtimes it is good for the soul to have a little rant, hahaha.

I did some cheese shopping today, also bought birdseed and found two lovely soup bowls of nice size with a good ear for hold on it and for very little money(in kind of charity shop).

Nice weather here, your lilies look wonderful.My tomatoes are growing, some are tiny pea size, some one size bigger, so it will take still some time before harvest.

Hope you will find a great color of yarn and have inspiration for the new project.
Have a beautiful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's OK to rant, Edna, but thankfully I have not seen the ads you mentioned since we only use the TV to stream shows or watch PBS shows. I manage to skip watching during the begathons. It's been raining here in Nashua, NH. the past 3 days and several days last week as well. It's been a very soggy July here in new England which should be great for your tomatoes.

Rita said...

As far as I can tell you might be eligible to BUY extra insurance coverage beyond what Medicare covers. That is actually what it is, I think. Supplemental insurance. I get stuff in the mail all the time, too. That's what it sounds like in the fine print, so to speak. Has nothing to do with actual federal medicare.

Theresa said...

Annoying ads here too and yes there shouldn’t be any. Who is paying for them, hmmm. Enjoy your day dear friend. The lilies are beautiful. Hugs

Gail Travis said...

Medicare and auto warranty ads are so long and frequent and very, very annoying.

Mary Ann Roesler said...

If you have a supplement you cannot use these Medicare program...False ads is some way.

Laurel Wood said...

The yellow lilies are beautiful. I avoid tv most days because of repetitive and frustrating commercials. I am enjoying coffee this morning. Hope your day is great. Mildred