Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Little Mosky Is Growing Up!

July 6, 2021

Good morning.  The warm temps are back for a couple days, but it is really nice outside right now.  Remember the little broken mosquito plant that I got in the mail a while back?  Well, it's becoming quite a beauty.  I call it "Mosky" and pretty soon it will need a new pot so that it can grow really big.  Here's a photo I took yesterday of Mosky.

Some folks take the cutest photos.  I found this one on the web.  (photo owned by Paul Tymon)  What a cutie!!  Such a tiny mouse to be able to fit inside a chestnut shell.

I probably won't be posting here tomorrow.  I'm thinking of taking Wednesdays off for a while.   At least until life perks up a bit.  Not much happens now, making it difficult to come up with things to write about every day.  Hopefully, that will change soon.

Here's another interesting chart I found on the web.  It shows the most significant annual decrease for animals killed in shelters ever.  See how your state is doing.  I'd like to see every state make it to the "no kill" stage.  So far, it looks like only two states are there.


Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

How well looks 'Mosky". And yes, definately a bigger pot, so you also can him in deeper.
So cute, that little mouse.

Glad you have some nice weather that makes it nice outside.Here today temps are not bad, but much too much wind to sit comfy outside. So I did change the duvet covers etc. and prepared early our dinner. Further on it was a easy day.

It's breaking one;s heart to see how many animals are killed in shelters. It shouldn;t be happening.

Good you warned us that probably you will not post tomorrow and coming Wednesdays. So we will not worry. A day off blogging is sometimes very nice.

Have a wonderful day, and tomorrow too.
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

Aw...I will miss you. On Wednesday anyway. I am trying to catch up with everyone. I feel it is so important to visit everyone who comments. I use to love Pink Saturday for that very reason and suddenly all these weird blogs come over promoting busiensses basically. UGH! SO I often miss the blog hop. I loved it because I made so many lifelong friends there. Take care and stay cool my friend. HUGS and LOVE

R's Rue said...

Even when you think you have nothing to say you do. Sending you hugs and lots of smiles.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

It's amazing how your plant has recovered, a little loving care is sometimes all that's needed.

Suemn said...

I think a lot of the dogs in our rescue groups come from either Kentucky or Texas and seeing your chart, I can see why so many come from Texas.

Beth Reed said...

Edna that chart breaks my heart to see Texas in the red. In Austin all of our shelters are no kill but I know that it is a big state and that not many towns and cities are no kill. Sad to know.

Mosky is just gorgeous and yes he needs a bigger pot and soon by the looks of his growth. Hooray Mosky. I hope you grow to the roof tops and keep all of those pesky mosquitos away.

Edna I will give you a call in a couple of days. We have a lot going on right now and I will call you today if I find some free time. Of course my free time is not your free time lol. I especially do not want to wake you up from a much needed nap.
Much love and hugs. xoxoxoxo

Theresa said...

Same here, I have been posting less. It's hard to come up with daily things to chat about and keep it interesting. I use my blog as my journal so I can't take too many days off:) Love your Moskey plant:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!