Thursday, July 29, 2021

Bathing Beauty

July 29, 2021

Good morning.  Today is sunny with temps in the seventies.  A really nice summer day.  Let's hope it stays nice for the rest of the summer.

This morning's TV ware is interesting.  I'm watching "Elinor Knows."  So far, I've learned why bats hang upside when they are resting.  It makes things easier for them, plus they have special toe nails that can hang on to most anything without using their muscles.  And, they can fly easier from this position.  Did you know that?  Now they are showing how paper is made.  Very interesting indeed.

I found a couple really beautiful photos online and just have to share.  These photos were taken by Rahul Singh, a wildlife photographer.  He was in just the right place to see this tiny little bird taking a bath on a flower petal.


I've been checking out some new little crochet projects and I think I may have found something that I'd like to make.  Once I finally decide if that's the one I want to try, I'll let you know what it is.  No sense in getting excited about a project if I'm not going to make it.

I have plenty of yarn, both cotton and acrylic.  I'm going to have to inventory it again one of these days.  Audrey and I inventoried it a couple years ago, but I've used a lot of it and added some to it since then.  This updated list is very helpful when I'm thinking of making something.  

My Hibiscus plant is blooming again.  It's just gorgeous!  Tomorrow there should be a couple more blossoms.

In the Fall, we'll re-pot this plant and bring it indoors for the winter.  This plant does not survive our winter weather.  I may have to put a little screen around it to keep the cat from playing with it.  He seems to enjoy breaking pieces off my other plants.  (houseplants)

Now I'm going to get a bottle of cold water and do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Those photos with the little bird are just all too cute and what a great snapshot of that photographer.

We watch at time the programme "how they made it"or "How they do it", and that's so interesting too. Do you know that programm? Could be American, but I am not sure.

Your Hibiscus is just gorgeaous. We had one or two years ago one too and tried to keep it over in the house for the nxt year, but no luck with that.

Curious to her, what your next project might be.

Have a wonderful day, my friend.
Hug
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Glad your weather is nice. I love the bird photos, particularly the one of the bird upside-down! How is your mosquito plant doing? Wasn't your cat playing with that one?

Suemn said...

That little bird taking a bath is adorable. Your Hibiscus plant looks so beautiful and healthy. I'm lazy about bringing plants inside for the winter. I'm glad you take the plants inside if needed.

Rita said...

The bird bathing in the flower petal is so precious!
Thanks for the heads up on the show. My grandson's would like it and, coincidentally, I think we're going to be getting PBS Kids! But I see they are on YouTube, regardless. I love kid's shows where they learn something--and Gramma, too. ;)

Barbara said...

The photos of the tiny bird bathing in a flower petal is fascinating! What amazing creations of God!

Veronica Lee said...

Awww! I love the captures of the bird bathing in a flower petal. How cute!

Nature is amazing!