Sunday, July 11, 2021

Tis The Year To Bloom

July 11, 2021

Good morning.  Well, Elsa came and Elsa went.  Even though she left a lot of chaos in her path, she was kind to us and only brought a little wind and rain.  Today is going to be gorgeous with sunshine and temps in the mid to upper seventies.

Yesterday was really quiet here.  I crocheted a bit and called my cousin Anita to check on her.  She hasn't been feeling so good these past few days.  This is not good at our age.  I worry about her.  She's older than me, and she has to drive a distance to get medical care.  I'll be calling her when I finish this post.

Several years ago, my grandson Stephen gave me a cactus rose plant.  It blooms every few years.  This is its year to blossom.  What a beauty!

A friend of mine turned eighty today.  Happy Birthday Miss Bea.  I hope your day is filled with love and happiness.

I have no special plans for today.  Watching TV and maybe adding more rows to the pocket wraps.  I did take the meat sauce out of the freezer to thaw, so maybe I'll cook up a pot of pasta later on.  I'm also looking through some crochet patterns  that I might want to try.  

Before I leave to do some blog reading, let me share this image (borrowed from the web) with you.   I love how this little girl uses her umbrella to keep the rain off the little dog, even though she's getting soaked.

So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.  

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Wonderful that Elasa only passed by gently in your part.
What a beautiful plant it is, and how special that it only blooms once in a while.

Oh, I do hope your cousin Anita will be feeling okay soon again, and so nice of you to check on her.

I had a quiet day today, did some more search for couches on the web, got, of course distracted by something else etc.

Hope your weather stays good and that it will be porch weather too.
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Laurel Wood said...

Hello, your mild temps sound wonderful to me. I hope Miss Anita feels better soon and happy birthday to Miss Bea. I hope you will enjoy your pasta sauce. The cactus rose is so pretty. I wish you a pleasant evening. Mildred

Theresa said...

Beautiful bloom on the cactus rose! I love that little girl protecting the puppy, "You just have to care"! SO true! Enjoy your evening and day tomorrow dear friend, HUGS!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Hi Edna, ah....pasta. We are having pasta night at Jeremy & Brittany's Tuesday for Hannah and Jake. My husband Avery makes the best goulash, kind of like the way my mom made it. Yum. We will bring that. I am anxious to see the dishes we will have and Avery also makes the most excellent bleu cheese dressing. Sigh....
That flowering cactus is beautiful. You are so loved.
Glad Elsa left the area. Some relatives were in Florida but they were safe and were heading out after elsa went away. Another friend was stranded. Fortunately they own a cute little cottage so they hunkered down with their 4 kids. She said locals said gas was no where to be found and and the hwys were jammed. So they took their sweet time. Glad everyone is safe.
I hope your week is wonderful and you enjoy all the things you love best. HUGS and LOVE

Rita said...

Love the little girl with the umbrella. I was always like her. But as I age I am more often like the puppy. :)