Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Where Did This Wild Wind Come From?

March 2, 2021

Good morning.  My goodness!  Is the wind wickedly blustery in your town?  Last evening, the wind started getting quite frisky here in New England and it blew its eerie sounds all through the night and morning.  My trees are still dancing to the wind.  And it's cold.  Only 18F degrees with a chill factor of -2 degrees.

Now unless you're planning on putting on your swimsuits and going out to lay in the sun for a couple hours, PLEASE bring your animals indoors.  (even if you are sunbathing, bring them in)  And if you can, make a warm spot in your yard for the feral animals.  It doesn't cost much and can mean life or death for our precious animals. 

I found this adorable image on the web and just had to borrow it to share.  Ever notice that no matter how awful we might look, our pets look at us as if we're beautiful?  Animals don't know the word "homely."  

And here's another image that I borrowed from the web.  It sends a very important message.   Every time folks go to a pet store or breeder, a rescued dog or cat loses its chance at finding a forever home.  So think ADOPT, RESCUE, FOSTER.  This saves lives.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I can't help it.  It's called love me, love my quirky ways.  As long as I can speak and breathe, I'll be speaking up for our animals.  

On another note, I took a day off from the tax stuff.  It's very depressing.  (to me)  I'll get back to it later today or tomorrow.  I'll even call the accountant this week to make an appointment to drop everything off to the office.  

I'm expecting an email from the health department about an appointment for my second vaccine shot.  They said they would contact me about a week before the shot is due.  It would be due next week, so I figure I should get the email tomorrow.  We'll see.

Now I'm going to do some blog reading.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That wind was blowing all night here inNashua, NH, too and it rattled the windows here in our 5th floor apt. Thankfully the mill apt did not have any power outages but other areas did. Today was very windy as you said and also very cold as we had a couple of appts and were glad to be back home.

smiekeltje said...

I think you're righ to take a day off from the tax stuff. It is more or less depressing , I agree with you.
And yes, people often love to buy a puppy, but in the animal shelters you can find such wonderful pets, and treated well, they will love you unconditionally! And it will teach the bad breeders(unfortunately there are too many of those) not to offer so much animals anymore, I hope.

Today the weather here is still rathe nice, but will get colder later this week again. Very unpredictablem our weather at the moment.

Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

savannah said...

Thank you for speaking for those who can't speak for themselves.
Everyone needs to get a rescue dog.

Anne Robinson said...

You are such a kind heart. Leo was a rescue, Roxanne was a rescue, Stella too. SHe is living the high life with Luna ( a rescue) and Duke (Oh DUke) He is a rescue too. Piper is a rescue from dummies with a dog they will not spay. SHe ate one of Noelle;s Dallas Cowboy pillows. Oh you know how mad Noelle was hahaha, Piper was like, what it tasted awful anyway. hahahaha Leo use to eat all the dog beds. He was so naughty but he outgrew it. Especially because Hannah made his first bed here out of an old cushion from an old sofa set. She covered it with fleecy soft fabric and tied off the ends with little fringe like deco. He has been a real doll since then.My enighbor owns (haha) the big black cat I wrote about. SHe woanders at night. I guess she came to the house looking for food and their kids were like, please feed her hahahaha,. My neighbor turned to get food and when she opened the door the cat came in and never left. No chip according to the vet but she was spayed. But she cries until they let her out. My Boots was that way too. As he grew older I firmly said N O . He learned to love the great indoors. Have a lovely evening. HUGS