Tuesday, March 16, 2021

I'm Rather Chatty Today

March 16, 2021

Good morning.  Tis a chilly one to be sure, but Spring may still be coming soon.  I have lots of pretty green things popping up through the cold ground in my yard.  (image borrowed from web)


 Can you think of a nicer thought to start your day with?  You woke up and I woke up too.  We are so very blessed.

Yesterday, Mr. Dave from the computer store called and spent some time cleaning out my laptop to speed it up.  This morning it is working like new again.  Thank you Mr. Dave.

You know folks, a lot of the work on your laptop can be done with a remote program.  You don't have to go out in the cold or even get dressed up.  You can stay in your jammies while your laptop is being checked and tuned up.  I only mention this in case some of you did not know this.

My regular mailman brought the mail yesterday.  Yeaaaaaaa!  My bills really needed to get out in order to reach their destination in time.  After work, Deanne came by and picked up my tax stuff and dropped it off at my tax accountant's office.  Thank you Deanne.  As much as I hate to work on that stuff, I don't like to be late getting it filed.

I gave Deanne a trash bag filled with lots of nice warm doggie blankets to bring to work for the animal shelters.  My Pogo loved his fuzzy blankets and believe me, he had tons of them.  Hopefully, these blankets will keep a lot of dogs and cats warm and comfortable.

According to my phone app, the warmer temps will be trying to come back (except for Friday).  Gosh, I hope so.  I can't wait to get my porch cleaned up and ready for me to sit out.  As soon as all the dirt and dust has been cleaned off the screens and rails and the floor, I'm going to buy me a new rug to put on the floor.  

I also want to get a new clothesline.  One with pulleys so that I don't have to go very far to hang things on it.  The one that I bought last year can go inside the porch in case I need it for bad weather days.  It's perfect for the porch because it unhooks and rolls up when it is not in use.

Last evening I worked on my doggie ghan.  I've decided that it would be suited better for a person to use as a lapghan.  There are too many little holes on it for an animal to get their claws caught in.  However, not to worry.  A lot of times the retail stores will have lightweight blankets rolled up and in a bin, and they sell them for a couple of dollars.  I think I'll buy up lots of them when I see them and donate them to the animals in the shelters.  These blankets will be warmer and probably more comfortable for them.  

Meanwhile, I'll keep working on my lapghans.  I ran out of yarn for the one I've been working on, but last night I found another skein of the yarn in my stash so now I can finish this one.  I can't wait till it's done because I already have the yarn set aside for the next one. 

Before I leave you today, let me share a beautiful image that I borrowed from the web.  

Now I'm off to read some blogs.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Horray for Mr Dave. Must be nice to work on a laptop that has its speed again.

Oh, a new clothesline is wonderful, I looked them up on Amazone and the pulleys are great! For you this is a handy thing, so you really don;t have to walk a lot to hang out things.

Fantastic for you your kind mailman was back and could take all the bills etc.
And good for you that you donate some of Pogo's warm blankets to shelters, the animals there will be so happy with them.
I notice by the way I didn;t had the name right of your chosen doggie, I called him Jeremy, but it was of course Jeremiah.
Stay on it to find a place where you can find a wonderful dog that needs a loving home. You will succeed, don;t give up!

Have fun making the lapghans(instead of the doggie ghan). And yes, some of those fleece blankets are not expensive at all and will be appreciated by all animals.

Tomorrow Jan and I will go voting for parliament(and from that a government will be formed), but still no really an idea to which party my vote will go. Oh well, I still have a bit of time to think about it.

Havve a wonderful day, my friend, stay safe and well.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

You WERE chatty today! Glad you got your laptop tuned up and good for you for donating the blankets. I wondered if a crocheted "doggie ghan" would work with dog claws -- I think you're right that dogs might like lightweight store-bought blankets instead.

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I buy those rolled up flannel blankets for my dogs too and I also have old towels that I use for my dogs. It depends on the season as to which I use for them to lay on. Right now, it's the flannel blankets:) Have a good day!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That was very nice of you to give Deanna the blankets for the dog shelter. I'm sure they will be appreciated. And when you do get a new pet, you will want to get new blankets then. The weather is getting warmer here slowly but we may also have a couple of colder days in store before the 50-degree temperatures come in next week. Just to let you know, your letter was received today, thanks.

Theresa said...

It is warming up here too, most days but the first day of Spring is going to be chilly. I am still thankful to be able to enjoy these days whatever the weather. Real friendship doesn't expire. I love that. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Anne Robinson said...

Oh friendship...I sure love this one. So true. Glad your taxes were done. It seems like it is always something. Rebekah has been waiting and waiting for her license plate tags. I was cleaning the bottom of my Revereware tea kettle. with Twinkle. My dad loved doing those little household chores for my mom. I miss him on days like this. ;-(
Hoping the week is wonderufl for you.