Friday, March 19, 2021

Pix From The Past

March 19, 2021

Good morning.  Yesterday, I held off shutting off my laptop for as long as I could.  Then I bit the big one and shut it off, realizing that it might not turn on again.  After a while, I held my breath and pressed the "on" button.  Awesome sauce!  My laptop turned on!  It takes forever for things to turn on, but they turn on!

Steve (Reed), I think you're right.  Possibly a few things may have been cleared off my laptop that held things I needed.  I really don't know.  I think all that messing around with Microsoft didn't help things either.  However, it's working and I'm happy.

Today I thought I would share some of my favorite old photos.  Many moons ago, Deanne had a pet dwarf pig.  His name was Sparky, and he was such a cutie!



Sparky was a lot of fun (and excitement too!)..  He loved getting out of the yard and checking out the neighborhood.  Sometimes he came home when you called him.  Sometimes, you had to go find him and carry him home.  Alas, he also kept growing, and soon he was too big to keep at home.  Deanne and Eddie found him a new home in the country where he had plenty of room to grow and roam.

Soon it will be Easter, so I dug out one of my favorite Easter photos.  This is my beautiful daughter Laura Jean enjoying her Easter basket.  (photo taken 2001)


Folks, if you have a loved one in need of more care than you can give them at home, check out the Seven Hills Pediatric Facility in Groton, MA.  You just cannot find better care for your loved one.

I'll have to start sharing more of these favorite old photos.  I love the memories that they bring back for me.  Plus, I want to leave a lot of these memories in my blog books for my family.  

Did I mention that I finished the first lapghan and have started a new one?  Yup, and I know exactly where they are going when this second one is finished.  I'm going to send them to my cousin Anita and her hubby Ray.  I'll take a photo of the lapghans before I mail them off.

Now I'm going to read some blogs before getting started on this new day.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Fantastic that your laptop decided to cooperate with you and turned on again. If it still is too slow starting, perhaps once again Mr. Dave could help(but only if really necessary , of course)

Old photos always bring back memories and they should be treasured. Love the little piggie(and bacame a BIG one hahahaha).

Oh, you made me curious about the lapghans and you have a good home for them already. Your cousin Anita and her hubbie will love them.

I stayed at home today, although the sun shined a lot(but it was not too warm) and I tackled two things that needed to be done and now I am happy with myself today, whoo.

You have a lovely day now, crossing fingers for you that your laptop does all it needs to.
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Your daughter Laura Jean looks lovely with her Easter basket. That is so nice to hear that you had good care for her. Sparky was a cutie too. My niece always wanted a pot bellied pig but never did get on:)

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad your laptop is cooperating! If it is indeed deleted cookies causing the problem, the good news is that as you visit those web sites again, they'll put new cookies on your machine that help you log in in the future.

The pig is adorable! And what a nice photo of your daughter. It's always great to look back on old pictures.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I love phamily photos. What beautiful daughters. You are very blessed. LOved that Sparky too. What a cute character. I am having some Lipton boxed chicken noodle soup . Not in the mood for much else and having a few buttered crackers with it. Your blog booksare such a beautiful gift too. Have ablessed day and stay happy & enjoy oyur good weather.