Sunday, March 14, 2021

Happy Birthday Eddie

March 14, 2021

Good morning.  The cooling down has begun.  Temps are going back down, and tomorrow will be the coldest day of this upcoming week.  Monday and Tuesday nights are going to be rather nippy too.

This past Friday was my SIL Eddie's birthday.  I did not have any birthday gift bags or wrapping paper, so I packed his gifts in a cardboard carton and wrapped the box with newspaper ads from the grocery stores.  Add a card and some bows, Voila!

One of the gifts was a t-shirt that I saw and just had to buy.  Eddie has a great sense of humor so this shirt would be perfect.  Here are a couple photos that Deanne sent to me.



Eddie, I'm so glad that your birthday was full of fun and love.  I wish you many more happy healthy years.

So, what else have I been up to?  I've been checking lots of shelters and rescues to find me another little doggie.  In the past, I ran up against a bit of bias against elderly adopters.  I was told that if I died before the doggie passed on, my children could not continue to take care of my doggie.  Ownership did not pass on to the relatives.  Therefore I was too old and could not adopt a doggie.  

Can you believe that?  I got this answer two different times.  I may be old, but I'm not decrepit!  Here's the meaning of Decrepit: "worn out or ruined because of age or neglect."  I'm only wrinkled and a bit slower, but I function  just fine.                                  

I did find one place where the owner herself was elderly.  (she told me that)  She told me to fill out the application for the doggie I was interested in and list a co-adopter (my daughter).  So I filled out the application and sent in the deposit.  They will get back to me if I am accepted.  Here's the little fellow that I'm trying to adopt.  His name is Jeremiah.  He is six years old and weighs five pounds.  And he is gorgeous!  Let's hope he is still there (waiting for me) and that I get accepted.


Today I will be busy all day.  I'm purposely not saying what I'll be doing because If I do I probably won't get it done again.  Today is "buckle down and put on your big girl panties" day.  And if the mailman does not pick up all my outgoing mail tomorrow, I shall call the Post Office and complain.  We've had substitutes lately and they are not to be counted on.  Even if they show up, they put the mail somewhere other than where it goes, and I have to hunt for it.

Now I'm going to enjoy a bit of blog reading before getting started on this new day.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

p.s.  Did you remember to set your clocks ahead?

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

So Happy belated Birthday to your wonderful son in law Eddie! And what a great t-shirt you found him, hahahaha!

I checked in our rescue homes and there is the same problem around if you are a bit older. I should say that if you have a certain age, let the one that will take over your pet sign also a form/declaration and all should be fine. The rescue home can always check if they want at the homes.
Think Jeremy looks fantastic. I cross all my fingers and toes to bring you luck and hope Jeremy will be soon in your house!

Yes, sometimes it is better to have plans, but not tell them to others or write them down, there seems to be a spell on those plans if you do so( in my experience hahaha).

Hmm, hopefully there will not be lot of those colder days. We need some warmth!
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you get that little dog! He is a cutie for sure! Do NOT understand about being too old. What a bunch of nonsense! Sweet hugs another oldie but goodie! LOVE that t shirt too!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh that T shirt! Jake would wear it, my one son-in-law. I LOVE it! I hope your get your pup. RUles sometime are just ridiculous, I swear. ANyone could die, Good LOrd, these people need to get some common sense. ARGH...
We are buried in plenty of snow. BLIZZARD with a capital "B"! BBut so far we are warm,, well fed and happy. Stay safe and warm . Prayers for you and Jeremiah.

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, ha! I love the t-shirt that you gave to Eddie for his birthday. It looks like he really enjoyed getting it too. Jeremiah looks to be the perfect dog for you. I hope Jeremiah is still available for you when the rescue group gets back in touch with you. Good luck with your plans for today. I think I know what you hope to get accomplished:)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated birthday wishes to your SIL and you did get him a funny t-shirt, Edna and glad he got a BIG laugh out of it as well. Yes, it does seem unfair to have regulations on older people adopting a dog. Jeremiah does look like a cutie and I was sorry to read a later post that he wasn't able to be in your home. Hopefully, the "right" match will come along in time.