Monday, March 22, 2021

Updates Can Be Scary

March 22, 2021

Good morning.  What a scare I got this morning.  My laptop wasn't turning on.  I was just about ready to pack it up and make an appointment to sent it to the repair shop (to see if it could be fixed).  Finally the screen lit up and it slowly (very slowly) came to life.  

Now I'm wondering about that new Windows update that took place yesterday.  It took most of the day to download and install.  It's very scary. (to me) Someone told me that there is a scam going on involving Windows updates, so you know what awful thoughts were going through my head all the time this laptop was tied up with this update.   I don't know anything about the scam or even it it is a real one.  

I just looked up the new Windows update on Google.  They say that there is a current update.  I guess I'll just wait and see what happens in the future with my laptop.  There was a page came up (on my laptop)  listing the new features of this update.  So maybe there is nothing to worry about.

Yesterday was such a gorgeous day.  The temps got up to sixty degrees in the afternoon.  Wowsie!  DIL Janet came by for a visit and we stayed outdoors for quite a while visiting.  I even noticed two daffodil plants in my yard with buds on top of them.  Woo Hoo!  It will be a while before they blossom into flowers, but what a welcome sight!  Today is also supposed to creep up to sixty degrees too, so you know I'm going to spend some time out on my porch.  You've got to enjoy it while you can!   

For those of you getting ready to start planting, here's a helpful image that I borrowed from the web to share.  Click on it to make it large enough to read all the names of the plants.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.   Let me leave you with a fun article.  It's funny, but it's also true.


So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

My Tata's Cottage said...

Thanks for that garden chart. I saved it at Pinterest from your site. I Just bought a new laptop. I refuse to use that Microsoft Edge. It is garbage, junk. I prefer using Chrome. These new laptops have no hard drive. They are lightweight but it turns on quickly so I suppose it will do the job. We are getting more snow. All afternoon yesterday and still snowing now. Kind of tired of it all. But they yak on that we need the moisture. They said the same thing when the blizzard of 2003 dumped 42 inches on us. I am happy just to be able to get on my laptop. I had to update some paperwork for my Mammogram Wednesday, it is more of a hassle for me personally. But I am grateful it updated quickly and I was in and out of their site in about three minutes.
Hoping you enjoy the warm weather, think of us. HeeHeeHee. That English chart was quite amuzing too.
Thanks for sharing.

smiekeltje said...

I can imagine you had a scare this morning with the laptop, and it is strange that update took so very long. If all works well in in acceptable speed I suppose it is all right. if you still are in doubt, may be a call to mr,Dave could help? I am no good for you in computer stuff, for now my laptop works, and I am happy.

It is nice you had a visit from Janet and you could be on the porch for a bit. It was a bit frisk still here today, but the sun peeped out and that makes all look nicer and brighter.

That flower chart is useful, I have several of those plants in the garden. It is a good thing to have flowers in the garden for the bees, because they seem to be in difficult times, with a lot of wild flower spots disappearing.

Love that poster with the english difficulties. It is true, there are different meanings for a lot of wordsI never thought about it if in Dutch they have so much "doubles". Those things make it difficult for a foreigner to learn a language.

Time now to go to the kitchen and start our dinner.
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

LV said...

I enjoy reading your daily ventures. I have very little to share anymore, but I keep trying. I appreciate your visits.

Steve Reed said...

English is a very weird language. So many foreign language speakers say English is hard to learn, and maybe this list shows part of the reason why!

We have lots of borage and buttercups here! I hope your laptop irons itself out.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I misuse the English language...that's for sure! Hope your computer stays online! It's always something trying to keep going in a safe way. Love the chart for growing! Hugs!

Suemn said...

I hope the Microsoft update doesn't slow your PC down. I love seeing the daffodils and tulips bloom too but mine are still in the ground... no buds:)