Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Adios March

March 31, 2021

Good morning.  I guess in some areas, March is going out like a lamb.  The wind lately has been a bit frisky at times and we've had bits of rain (mostly during the night).  This is not the case in other parts of the country.  

I was up early this morning, putting together a "doggie package."  My cousin Anita told me that when her package arrived the other day, her little dog Ginger  sniffed it all over to make sure it was okay.  However, when the box was opened, Ginger looked a bit sad because there was nothing in the box for her.  

How could I have been so unthoughtful?  So I've put together a little box of Pogo's toys (I have tons of them!)  and addressed it to Ginger.  I'll see if Deanne will mail it for me this week.

A couple days ago, I found some really pretty yarn in my stash so I started a baby blanket with it.  The yarn is from Red Heart and is called Minty.  I'll make another one with yellow yarn.

Has anyone other than me been noticing the downright horrible taste in a lot of the commercials on TV lately?  Some are in extremely bad taste, and others are just stupid.  I'm really surprised at Geico for their poor taste in their latest ad.  They usually have pretty good ones.  The latest one has a basketball player, Dikembe Mytombo, running around making grunting noises and smashing or throwing things.  Exactly what is the point of this stupidity?  Does it really sell insurance?  

And how about the cat litter ad?  (I think it is for cat litter)  The guy scrapes the litter box and the cat poo flies through the air and lands in the woman's smoothie drink.  Really?  This is supposed to sell cat litter?  

Whatever happened to the commercials that are fun or at least interesting to listen to?   Does Big Business really think that all of us consumers are so stupid that we need these new kind of ads?  That's really sad!

I'm beginning to annoy myself so I think I'll go read some blogs.  Let me leave you with this picture that I borrowed from the web.  It doesn't cost much to feed a hungry animal or show it some love.

So till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hgs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Poor Ginger, totally forgotten, hahaha. But I am sure he will be very happy with his box with toys!

Oh, don't say a thing about commercials. They are all over the world mostly stupid, I think. Porbably we have two or three that are really fun, and the rest...... annoying or worse.

That minty color is beautiful, it will make a pretty baby blanket.

I just finished in the kitchen making mac and cheese(my way with fired minced meat cumbled in it and and extra load of fried onions in it and of course covered with cheese.
With a bit of salad we will have a yummie dinner.

end of March is beautiful here, but tomorrow it will change. But those few days of summer-like weather were fantastic.

Have a great day,
Hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

I'll bet Ginger will be very happy. I met my Doggie niece the other night and I'm on the lookout for toys for her. She's a cutie and I took pictures for a post that will be upcoming. Take care and have a great day.

Suemn said...

The yarn you are using to crochet the baby blanket is a lovely color. That little dog, Ginger is going to be so happy to get those dog toys. I know whenever I bring home a dog toy for my dog, he goes absolutely nuts and carries it around for days. He knows it's his:) I haven't turned the TV on for days and haven't seen the commercials you mentioned, thank goodness. Unless I have something specific that I want to watch on TV, I've been keeping it off. I do stream movies from PBS, Masterpiece, Amazon Prime and Netflix though.

Robyn said...

Hi Edna,
Sorry I haven't visited in quite some time. I was off the blogs for quite a while so I am trying to catch up with everyone....
Here in SC the wind has been wicked for the last week. We are getting some storms tonight because the weather has been much warmer than it should be for this time of year here. I can't wait. I am praying it will wash away the pollen that has just been absolutely horrendous so far this year!

As for commercials. I am quite a bit younger than you. I"ll be 51 in April and I haven't watched much TV in years. Its all trash... And yes unfortunately big business does believe these things will sell items because that's the level people have sunk too in our society. No decency. I don't mean to sound judgmental but it's just simply the truth of it...

I hope you had a good day today!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

After reading your description of some of the commercials now on TV, it sure makes me glad that I do not watch it. These sounded absolutely dreadful and also in very questionable taste.