Friday, March 26, 2021

Be The Change

March 26, 2021

Good morning.  Yesterday afternoon turned out to be really nice.  Today is supposed to be gray, wet and in the mid sixties.  Spring is trying.  It's just taking a while to get here.  Temps will be going down again, but after a while they'll be rising again.

Well, I finished the two lapghans for my cousin Anita and her hubby Ray.  Now I just have to box them up and get them in the mail.  I placed them on the porch gate to take a photo.  

I have some Fuschia yarn that might look nice as a lapghan.  We'll see.  I bought the yarn because I liked the color.  Now I just have to think of something to make with it.  

It finally got warm enough yesterday afternoon for me to sit out on the porch for a while.  It felt really nice to be able to listen to the birds and watch the squirrels play.  I missed our wild turkeys this year.  They only came by a couple times.  I hope wherever they went, they had some really good food and shelter.

Deanne was finally able to get her first vaccine shot yesterday after work.  So far, she says she has no after effects.  I hope it stays that way.  She was even given the date when to go back for her second shot.  My cousin Anita and her hubby also got their first shots this week, along with the date to go back for their second shots.  They live in Pennsylvania and were initially told that they would not be able to get the shots until probably May or June. 

There's not much for good pickin's on TV this morning so I'm watching the Shop LC program.  Today is Friday so that means nothing is over $9.99.  I'm not shopping but it is interesting to see what they are offering.  

Before I leave to do some blog reading, let me leave you with this beautiful image that I borrowed from the web to share.  When you see an animal looking for food in your yard, don't chase them away.  Put out some food for them.  A lot of them have families to feed.  Hunger hurts.

So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Your lapghans look beautiful, and Anita and her hubby will be happy with them, just nice to have them for a bit frisky days.

Gosh. Deanne also got her 1st shot? Here it is going soooooo slow, I wonder why, but country is almost at the last place of all countries vaccinateing and that si ahsming to say! So it will a while before we will have our 1st shot.

Today and tomorrow isn;t that great weather but later it in the week oh my, they say it might get to 18C and even a bit more. If that would be true and then with sunshine, we could take a seat in the garden and enjoy the sun.

So you had your time at the porch, fantastic. Now the weather has to cooperate so more hours can be spend on the proch, what about that?

I will read some news on the net now, do a little game and then slowly will think about dinner. It's our "free"day, so Jan takes whatever he likes and I do the same,I will have some french bread with some Hungarian salami on it and also some cheese, cup of tea and I'll be fine.

Have a lovely day, my friend,
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's also a rainy day here in NH, Edna, but that's OK because it may mean that some blooms and trees will be flowing soon. And I really glad that we may (hopefully) be done with snow and cold. I will take 50 degrees and rain.

Theresa said...

The weather is Springy, rainy, chilly, Springy again. It just keeps going back and forth. I am happy that you were able to sit on the porch, feels good to get outside. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad the vaccine rollout is continuing so smoothly in the states. We don't have our appointment for our second shot yet. Supposedly they're going to contact us! Nice lapghans, and I'm glad you were able to spend some time on the porch.