Sunday, March 21, 2021

HAPPY SPRING

March 21, 2021

Good morning.  It's finally Spring!  There are tiny little buds on my trees.  Pretty soon there will be lots of tiny green leaves.  And I can't wait to see my blossoming cherry tree to start getting it's leaves.  It's getting so tall now, and when it's flowers bloom it is just awesome!

I got up super early this morning.  Around four o'clock.  I washed some dishes, made my breakfast, crocheted a bit and put in a grocery order to be delivered tomorrow.  I might be needing a nap soon.  I'm trying to get these lapghans finished so that I can finish up the rest of my projects before the end of April.  I think I have about twenty two more rows to go till the second one is finished.  

I'm thinking that I might even start next year's tax stuff.  It shouldn't take too long to log three months expenses.  If I could keep this up throughout the year, it would make things much easier for me next year.  Even if I don't keep it up all year, whatever I get done will certainly be a help.

Thank goodness for Sunday re-runs of Blue Bloods because there's really not much to watch today on TV.  The old game shows will start in another hour or so.  Of course, Law & Order SVU is on most every day, but I don't really enjoy watching that show.  I find the aggressive attitudes of the leading detectives, Benson and Stabler, offensive.  

And thank goodness for Amazon Prime.  There are some really awesome old TV shows on there.  Maybe I'll turn that on  later while I'm crocheting.  PBS has some awesome programs too.  I really enjoyed their All Creatures Great and Small.  Now I can't wait for the Season 2. 

Today I have a couple Dover coloring sheets for you.  These are beautiful birds to celebrate Spring.  Enjoy.



Now it's time for me to do some blog reading.  I like to start my mornings with visits to my blog friends.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Gosg, you were up really early this morning, at that time I think I was still asleep. But awake is awake, nothing to do about it and yes, of course you should take a little nap later. It will do you some good.

What a marvellous idea to start already on your new tax stuff. It is always hard to do, but if you could tackle it every 3 months or so, it certainly will make things easier and quiker for you. Hold on to that idea.

I don;t watch Law & Order anymore here. The best of those crime series for me are sometimes CSI Miami and I like at times Criminal Minds.

But I like better some real detectives, like e.g. Inspector Morse or Lewis, or some Swedish series, that are real good. We have a lot of choice here of thrillers and detectives and I am real happy with that. Oh, All Creatures great and Small I LOVED that serie. Do you have perhaps also that comic one of Dad's Army? Love that one too, real good entertainement and funny.

Gosh. I just looked up the programs on PBS and you have there fantastic series that I love to and we have here. Some I mentioned already, what we liked too is Miss Scarlett and the Duke. About a lady detective in Victorian time. It has humour too!And prime Suspect, Endeavour, The durrells, and the Miniaturis are some favourites of us too.

Oh, I just saw one of the parakeets sitting outside, I have to see if I have some food for it.

Have a wonderful day, enjoy some great tv on PBS hahahha,
Hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

Happy spring. I'm out in a little while for my walk and a visit with a friend. Not quite back to normal, but so glad for face to face company. Have a great day!

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Now, don't go making me feel guilty about not doing this year's taxes. ha! Because of the IRS tax extension, I probably won't do this year's taxes until mid to late April:) You have a good day today. It's very windy here today.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Wow, you really did get up early, Edna, and it is a good feeling to get things done then. Now that warmer weather may finally be arriving it’s what I plan to do, get up early and maybe go for a walk outside. Trees are starting to bud but no flowering plants yet. Getting tax stuff together earlier may save you the last minute rush at year end, so a good idea. Hope you found a good show to watch as there are so many good older ones and YouTube has a lot.

Theresa said...

I just finished 2020 taxes and will collect up the things for next year. I don't have that much to keep up with:) I love Blue Bloods and often have it on ALL day. I also don't watch SVU, we used to watch it years ago but just don't like it anymore. Enjoy your day dear friend, it is looking and feeling like Spring here where we live! HUGS!

Anne M Robinson said...

We watch all the oldies like Perry Mason, Matlock and In the Heat of the Night. Everything today is so PC. Just not our cup of tea. We also watch Leave it to Beaver and other oldies. I tape many of them in the saytime and we watch at night. We both have a cold so we take it easy in the evening. I feel badly for my hubby. He has to wear a mask all day long. A co worker, one of the hostesses who was cleaning the kitchen told him she double masks and could smell vinegar and all the other smells. Sigh....
I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy your warm weather, HUGS

Chris Allport said...

I have just finished watching all 7 seasons of the original series of All Creatures Great and Small and really loved it. I am glad that you are enjoying it.

Take care of yourself my friend and stay safe.

Love Chris