Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The Trash Barrel Gremlin Strikes Again!

March 30, 2021

Good morning.  Yesterday was a rather quiet day.  I did not get much sleep Sunday night, so I took advantage of falling asleep yesterday morning.  

Yesterday was trash pick up day in our town.  Sadly, we sometimes lose our trash barrels on these days.  Once they are emptied, they are tossed onto the sidewalk.  If it's windy, the barrels blow around until someone stops them.  Or someone takes them.  Or they get run over by the street traffic.  Or they just disappear into thin air!

I started out with two trash barrels but several months ago, one of them disappeared on trash pick up day.  The other one disappeared yesterday.  There must be a trash barrel gremlin out there somewhere.  I shopped around online for a new one, and hopefully we'll have it later today.

My cousin Anita called me yesterday afternoon.  The package that we mailed to her on Saturday had arrived and she and her hubby were loving their new lapghans.  I can't get over how quickly the package got delivered.  The package was taken to our post office shortly before noon on Saturday 3/27 and had already been delivered to my cousin in PA on Monday 3/29.  Awesome!

Here's an image I borrowed from the web to share.  I love watermelon and it's really good for you.  Imagine what a bowl of cut up watermelon every week could do for your health!  


I don't really have a lot of news for today.  When each day is much the same as the day before, it's not always easy to find news to talk about.  (But I'll keep trying)  Today I'm going to look for a new pattern for a baby blanket.  I have something in mind, but I don't have the pattern for it.

Before I leave now to do some blog reading, let me share one more picture that I borrowed from the web to share with you.


So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.                                      

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Trash barrels were once here too, but in a lot of towns you don;t see them anymore, because we have now kind of containers in streets where we have to put in our trash sacs ourselves. So trash isn;t picked up anymore(at least not in our city).
In times of trash barrels they were supplied mostly by the city council.
Not nice that your barrels disappear suddenly.

It was a lovely day today, like summertime and Jan did a lot of gardening(later on I did help a little bit). Tomorrow we will have even better weather, then the day after temps will drop already till in the weekend just to 11C(which is difference with today and tomorrow of something like 20or even 22C).

I am sure you will find a nice pattern for the baby blanket, you can find lots of them on the web.

Amazing how quick the post worked this time, hahaha.

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Our council (local government) provides us with trash bins, which is pretty nice. We bought decals to put on them with our house number, so they won't get mixed up with anyone else's. So far, so good!

Theresa said...

We see trash cans tossed around here too. The people emptying the cans just toss them when they are empty. YUP, we have the same problem. I love the cartoon, "you just have to care":) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Suemn said...

We have city-wide garbage and recycle companies under contract with the city. The garbage pick up companies provide the trash containers and the recycle companies provide the recycle containers. Usually my garbage pickup is around 6:30 - 7:00 a.m. and I am up so I walk down my driveway to roll the container back as soon as it's emptied. Sometimes I let it stay at the end of the driveway until later in the morning but I haven't lost a garbage container yet:)